www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Tangye Type O oil engine, S/N 5956B 5hp

5 posters

Go down

Tangye Type O oil engine, S/N 5956B 5hp  Empty Tangye Type O oil engine, S/N 5956B 5hp

Post by jeffr Sun Apr 19 2020, 16:11

G'day,

A fellow club member here in Australia is currently restoring a Tangye Type O oil engine and has hit a hurdle with a damaged part that he would like some info on. The part in question is the Half Compression Lever (unsure if that's the correct name) that engages with/onto the exhaust rocker and aids in starting the engine. The end of this part had been broken off prior to receiving the engine and he would like to replicate it. The end of the exhaust rocker arm is broken off and he would like to replicate it as well.
Does anyone have the same type of engine or know of someone that has the same type of engine that he could possibly get some dimensions off or even a manual or a drawing/tracing.
He has previously been in contact with Kerry Morris (Tangye Register) regarding this engine.
If anyone has any info at all that I could pass on it would be much appreciated. Happy to pass on contact details if preferred.
Regards
Jeff Ryan.

jeffr

Back to top Go down

Tangye Type O oil engine, S/N 5956B 5hp  Empty Re: Tangye Type O oil engine, S/N 5956B 5hp

Post by blue cat Mon Apr 20 2020, 19:16

Have you asked Dan Howden, I think he's a member on this forum ......

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Tangye Type O oil engine, S/N 5956B 5hp  Empty Re: Tangye Type O oil engine, S/N 5956B 5hp

Post by Woodsman Tue Apr 21 2020, 09:56

blue cat wrote:Have you asked Dan Howden, I think he's a member on this forum ......

danthetangye ?

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Tue Apr 21 2020, 14:16

Woodsman wrote:
blue cat wrote:Have you asked Dan Howden, I think he's a member on this forum ......

danthetangye ?

That's the man you need.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotstar5 Tue Apr 21 2020, 14:28

Woodsman wrote:

danthetangye ?

Not been on the forum for the best part of a year, maybe send him a PM?

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffr Tue Apr 21 2020, 14:36

Thanks for the heads up fellas, I recently joined the TANGYE facebook page and intend on posting my original post on there. I did see a 'Dan Howden' on there who seems to know a fair bit abut TANGYEs, would that be danthetangye?
Appreciate the replies.
Regards
Jeff Ryan.

jeffr

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotstar5 Tue Apr 21 2020, 15:08

jeffr wrote:Thanks for the heads up fellas, I recently joined the TANGYE facebook page and intend on posting my original post on there. I did see a 'Dan Howden' on there who seems to know a fair bit abut TANGYEs, would that be danthetangye?
Appreciate the replies.
Regards
Jeff Ryan.

That's the fella Thumbs Up

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down