www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Stuart A4 Pump

2 posters

Go down

Stuart A4 Pump Empty Stuart A4 Pump

Post by StuartTurnerSteve Tue May 05 2020, 12:25

Picked up this Stuart A4 pump recently and decided to try it out on the K and Sattley after freeing off the valves, the gearing is a bit off as neither is running at the 240rpm, the Sattley is only turning it at 45rpm. Had a play with a bit of a set so it has a head of water. New bit of perspex is on order so I don't have to squirt it with oil every few minutes... I'm probably turning it the wrong way as well... it should be ok for the number of shows I get to and I can always give it a shake everyone and a while to get the oil around.

Stuart A4 Pump 95585410
Stuart A4 Pump 95542010
Stuart A4 Pump Img_2010
Stuart A4 Pump Img_2011

StuartTurnerSteve
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Stuart A4 Pump Empty Re: Stuart A4 Pump

Post by Garak Tue May 05 2020, 16:41

I rebuilt one of these, they are nice pumps. I used Lexan it's much easier to work with than Perspex. Make sure you seat the valves (just like you would seat engine valves) and it will pump well. They should be self-priming. They will also pump driven in either direction just don't exceed the RPM limit.

Here's mine driven by a Lister 'D'

Garak
Garak
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by StuartTurnerSteve Tue May 05 2020, 17:40

Yea it primes pretty well by hand, turning it at around 80RPM by an engine so don't think I'll get close to the rated 240RPM. Just putting a header on it so it pump a bit more that a trickle at the speed I'm turning it at.

StuartTurnerSteve
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down