www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Paint Colours

3 posters

Go down

Paint Colours Empty Paint Colours

Post by crabtree Tue May 19 2020, 08:55

Can anybody please tell me the correct red and green paint colours for a JAP 2A stationary engine.

Many thanks

crabtree
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Paint Colours Empty Re: Paint Colours

Post by philipagri Tue May 19 2020, 09:24

Do you know what it was used for, I have seen them in grey and in green.
philipagri
philipagri
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Paint Colours Empty Paint Colours

Post by crabtree Tue May 19 2020, 10:13

I am new to the stationary engine community, I am really into classic cars, but have owned this for a number of years and have only since 'lock down' decided to do anything about it. At shows nearly all engines I have seen appear to be in red and green so had assumed this is the norm. Mine is painted red and green so had assumed this to be correct. However since you asked the question I have looked a bit more carefully. The crankcase does not look as if it has ever been repainted and is red. The fuel tank and cowling are rather different. Having started rubbing down these may have been painted several times over the years. The base of the tank is grey which could be a finish or a primer, then it has been painted green and finally red. The base of the cowling exterior again appears to be grey, primer or finish and then green. However there are one or two areas where again there are flecks of red but very little. The interior of the cowling is badly brush painted green beneath which it is grey again with what may be either finish or primer. Sorry but I have no idea what it was used for. I bought it at agricultural/junk auction as a non-runner a number of years ago with no history. So far the non running appears to be that the magneto is duff. Sent off to be fixed and then wait and see.

Many thanks for your interest.

crabtree
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Fri May 22 2020, 12:30

A lot of the JAP 2A and 2S engines that I have had were in a variety of different colours. Olive drab (army green) is quite common, dark blue, dark grey, metallic light blue (yes !, had at least 4 of them), orange (probably off a rotavator), mid green and one red one. A lot were either painted to customer order, or repainted in the customer standard paint scheme by the customer before re-sale. So you can choose almost any colour to paint colour for your 2S.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crabtree Sat May 23 2020, 08:57

Many thanks for the advice. I shall now repaint mine in red and green as it was when I bought it but I shall not worry about the shade. I am awaiting return of the magneto which I think is probably the only fault.

crabtree
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down