www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

A new old project!

2 posters

Go down

A new old project! Empty A new old project!

Post by Foden Tue Jun 02 2020, 18:57

Many years ago, 1990's, I bought a Wisconsin AK from our local free adds paper.  I rebuilt it with new bearings and rings, rallied it for a few years and then  had a 'brain storm' and decded to sell it!  I knew the buyer  (he may be a member here) so was pleased it went to a good home.  He repainted it, it was green when I had it, but he used the proper Wisconsin blue and it looked well,  Eventually he changed tack and sold it on, no problem.  However I sort of missed it as it ran OK and you don't see many around, although the Lister versions are fairly common.

I rarely look at engines on ebay but for some reason I had a perusal just out on interest a couple of months ago and saw this.  I knew straight away it was my old one, I contacted the seller and he agreed to hold it for me until lockdown eased.  His father had bought it but them passed away and he was clearing the collection, this was the only engine as everything else was antiques etc.   Anyway I collected it yesterday, it still has a spark and compression so will be fitted to a trolley and probably paired with an Argosy pump that I restored last year but never used!  The engine dates from 1944 and has some unusual features like a remote oil filler/dipstick and a crank instead of rope start plus a cowl which nobody in the USA has seen on one before.  So not a restoration as such, just a recommissioning and making a trolley etc.  Welcome home old friend!  Very Happy

Pics are the sellers

A new old project! Lzx9KB5

A new old project! E38OqHq

A new old project! WZTvX8A

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

A new old project! Empty Re: A new old project!

Post by Garak Tue Jun 02 2020, 19:18

That looks nice Pete, I'm sure it feels good to have an old friend back in the fold, look forward to seeing it at a rally soon.
Garak
Garak
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down