www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

the WIDDOP diesel engine?

2 posters

Go down

the WIDDOP diesel engine? Empty the WIDDOP diesel engine?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25 2009, 10:12

not so long back, there was a picture in the SEM about the widdop diesel engine, information was limited on the engine, does anyone here know anything about them?

Paul Cool

Back to top Go down

the WIDDOP diesel engine? Empty Re: the WIDDOP diesel engine?

Post by Roadster Wed Nov 25 2009, 11:27

I know of them as medium speed 2 stroke marine diesels still in production in the 1960s, in the 100 to 500 hp range. They were built in Britain, Yorkshire springs to mind for some reason. I have some info at home so, if no-one else has managed to help by then I will post what I have.
Rod

Roadster
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 26 2009, 09:24

Roadster wrote:I know of them as medium speed 2 stroke marine diesels still in production in the 1960s, in the 100 to 500 hp range. They were built in Britain, Yorkshire springs to mind for some reason. I have some info at home so, if no-one else has managed to help by then I will post what I have.
Rod

thanks for that Rod, the engine in particular that i'm on abiout was probably somewhere in the region of 3-5hp. more or less a scaled down bamford SD1

Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by woody Sun Jun 09 2013, 07:57

Could someone point me to the edition of SE that featured the Widdop ?

I guess we're talking 2009 or earlier.

I have found a Widdop single driving a Belfast generator at the Internal Fire - Museum of Power in Wales.

NWM widdop

Courtesy of Graces Guide, there are also pictures of a Viddor twin on the same page (but no explanation as to whether the companies are linked or not).

Last edited by woody on Mon Jun 10 2013, 19:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong museum)

A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09 2013, 13:17

Sounds like you've set yourself a task to find the one issue of the magazine, unless someone can remember seeing it in there collection maybe the only way is a letter or email to SE mag see if they can help.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down