www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

WICO series A mag - Stop button

2 posters

Go down

WICO series A mag - Stop button  Empty WICO series A mag - Stop button

Post by NIJ Fri Jan 08 2021, 17:52

Hi, my Mag has a stop button on the side which does not work.

Ths stop consists of a brass thread and a tab which when connected by pressing should stop the spark.

The tab has continuity with Ground / Earth,  so thinking when you join the tab to the brass pin it should cause a short to earth and stop the spark?

After taking appart to investigate, found the brass thread is connected to another brass thread on the other side (which is covered by a plastic cap). Both threads are electrically connected to each other and  both isolated from anything else,  hence all I am doing when pressing the stop is connecting these two brass threads to earth, so no wonder its not doing anything!

Assuming these two brass pins should also have a wire connecting them to something else, but not sure what / where.

Cannot seem to find a wiring diagram that shows the connections, so any help would be appresiated as I would like to add the missing connection

Thanks Nij

NIJ
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

WICO series A mag - Stop button  Empty Re: WICO series A mag - Stop button

Post by Woodsman Sat Jan 09 2021, 09:23

Hi Nij,

Haven't had my mag apart but I would assume that that the connection between the buttons should also connect to LT side of the coil.
I can let you have a manual if that would help - PM me with email address.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

WICO series A mag - Stop button  Empty Result

Post by NIJ Sat Jan 09 2021, 17:16

WICO series A mag - Stop button  Mag_ne10

WICO series A mag - Stop button  Mag_ne11

After some experiments and the view of the parts list (thanks Woodman) it became clear that the two brass threads should also be connected in at the same point the condenser is, such that when the stop button is pressed an earth fault is created and the spark stops.

Have added in a new bit of wire (the Brown one on the photos) now all works as it should.

P.S. I know my soldering is not the best! lol

NIJ
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

WICO series A mag - Stop button  Empty Re: WICO series A mag - Stop button

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down