www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

What name or type of socket is this please

4 posters

Go down

What name or type of socket is this please Empty What name or type of socket is this please

Post by donp Tue Dec 14 2021, 22:09

Hi all, this 110 volt gen set I have just acquired has this socket fitted in  what I think would be called a control box, if this term is incorrect sorry but know nothing about electric part names,  what I would like to know is what the correct name/term this socket would be called so I can search for the part that will go into it, I E  the plug.  What name or type of socket is this please Jap_4f12
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

What name or type of socket is this please Empty Re: What name or type of socket is this please

Post by Robotstar5 Wed Dec 15 2021, 11:58

Looks like a Niphan socket - https://www.lpa-group.com/product/niphan-flange-socket/?com=LPA%20Transport%20+

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

What name or type of socket is this please Empty Re: What name or type of socket is this please

Post by donp Wed Dec 15 2021, 17:50

Thanks Stuart, its not as you say, it is made by a company called LEWDEN who a friend of mine tells me are still in business, have messaged them now awaiting an answer.
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookesy Wed Dec 15 2021, 17:55

Don,
According to the chap at the Electric Centre in Darlington their branch in Sunderland should have plugs that fit. Unfortunately they don't have ones to fit Niphan sockets, thanks Stuart I'll get in touch with Niphan direct

Rookesy
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Wed Dec 15 2021, 18:51

Looks more like a 3-phase socket to me. Lewden did these years ago with weather proof screw fittings like the one you have.
Today I think the Lewden plugs are all bayonet fittings, and they don't do the 5A size.

There is a new one on ebay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174764058568?epid=28018753767&hash=item28b0bfe7c8:g:L60AAOSwoMFd63h4
But you won't like the price.

There is also this used one, but you will need to check the sizes you require with the seller first, particularly the diameter of the screw ring, pin centres, etc.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293053583381?hash=item443b5ad015:g:F1YAAOSwuXxct5Ww

You will find that Niphan plugs are pretty expensive. But it is not a Niphan.

As it is probably not original, you could of course replace it with something cheaper and easier to find  Laughing

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by donp Wed Dec 15 2021, 19:46

Well you are correct about that  price Blue Cat, the whole unit I have only cost a few bob more than that asking amount, as something else is been powered I will just forget using this socket, had a mate use his test equipment today and all is good to go safely, am always wary  with this lecy stuff as cannot see it.

Thanks for heads up though,  Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down