www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister D carb

5 posters

Go down

Lister D carb Empty Lister D carb

Post by AcidK1 Wed Jul 20 2022, 20:53

Hi all,

In stripping my engine down I have taken most of the carb and bowl apart to clean. The problem I have is the air valve part (looks like an intake /exhaust valve)

I removed the plate with the 3 bolts holding it on cleaned it up and set aside. The valve however is solid. The threaded part on top is solid in the housing also. I have left penetrating fluid in the upturned carb for a few days and still nothing.

Upon looking on Google at how it all works, I see the brass plate with the 3 bolts has a hole in the middle where the valve sits and controls air, mine has no hole? It has an indentation but no hole, but looks genuine factory original. If this is the case, where the hell does the air come from?

Cheers Smile

AcidK1
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Lister D carb Empty Re: Lister D carb

Post by 68jcb Wed Jul 20 2022, 21:02

Can you post a picture?

68jcb
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Wed Jul 20 2022, 21:52

As suggested a picture of parts please, re threaded section valve, if you manage to remove it un damaged I will happily send all mine to you, they rust badly and will collapse, better to make a new threaded tube from scratch.
Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andywaters Thu Jul 21 2022, 18:54

Have a look at my recently stripped carb here. https://techno.smugmug.com/Lister-D/i-4X4gFFN

There's a hole in the side of the carburettor body on the opposite side to the jet grub screw that bleeds air to the jet.

Lister D carb I-4X4gFFN-XL
Andywaters
Andywaters
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AcidK1 Fri Jul 22 2022, 17:13

Thanks for all the replies, pictures were a good help. Turns out mine does have a big hole in the middle of the brass plate, not sure how I missed it lol. The valve is still stuck well and after soaking in fluid, still won't budge with any persuasion from a Hyde hammer. Looks like it's going to be more a case of go for broke and order replacements. The whole carb came apart really easy except this bit 😆 lol

AcidK1
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Fri Jul 22 2022, 17:16

Try heating it up with a blow torch/lamp, where the air valve spindle passes through the carb. It might break the rust bond between the spindle and tube.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AcidK1 Sat Jul 23 2022, 13:34

Success! Heat, hammer, and a stud extracter socket and all seems reusable Smile

Lister D carb 20220723-114404

Thank all !!!

AcidK1
Born to be wild
Born to be wild