www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data

2 posters

Go down

unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Empty unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data

Post by gacello Fri Nov 11 2022, 09:20

Dear engine enthusiasts,

during a recent visit to Transylvania I came across an interesting mobile engine. My search for any manufacturer plates or other markings was unsuccessful. I am hoping that readers here might be able to help me with identifying the origins of this locomobile as the only hint I could get from the people that own this engine was that it possibly came from the region of Bohemia (now Czech Republic).

Some measurements I took (not precise):

- total size 240x120x180 cm (long x wide x high)
- size engine 150x40x40 cm (without fly-wheels)
- diam fly wheels 118 cm
- bore/stroke 20x30 cm
- magneto ignition with opening electrode

Any help would be highly appreciated,

volker

unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Pxl_2010

unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Pxl_2014unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Pxl_2015unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Pxl_2016
unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Pxl_2017
unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Pxl_2018unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Pxl_2019

gacello

Back to top Go down

unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Empty Re: unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data

Post by blue cat Fri Nov 11 2022, 19:54

After a bit of research, and with some help from FB friends, I think this is a L. Benz & Spol made in Trebic, Czech Republic. The name would have been on a brass plate fixed to the fuel tank. The magneto is German. The engine is very big !, and probably dates to about 1920.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data Empty Re: unknown locomobile - searching for manufacturer and data

Post by gacello Sat Nov 12 2022, 07:37

Thank you blue cat for pointing me towards Benz & Spol. I found pictures of engines made by this manufacturer that are quite similar to the one I am asking about. I did not find a spot on match though - have you? What I did come across though is another Czech manufacturer named "Wichterle" who also made a locomobile that looks similar in many details. So Czech origin really seems most likely and that is great to know.

If any of you have more details (maybe a picture of an identical model or tech data) I would be happy to know about it.

Volker

gacello

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down