www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Understanding Lister D float bowl drillings

Go down

Understanding Lister D float bowl drillings Empty Understanding Lister D float bowl drillings

Post by chuffchuff Tue Jul 11 2023, 18:40

Today I stripped the Lister D float bowl (early D engine brass float bowl assembly) I'm struggling to understand why it has a drilling at the bottom of the bowl as well as the normal float needle shut off. The drilling or hole (which looks like a removeable jet) is connected to the same port or drilling that feeds the needle shut off. I therefore cant see how this can work as surely the petrol will just continue filling and flooding the float bowl. What's going on here scratch is something missing?
See photo.Understanding Lister D float bowl drillings Sam_3810

chuffchuff
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Understanding Lister D float bowl drillings Empty Re: Understanding Lister D float bowl drillings

Post by chuffchuff Wed Jul 12 2023, 07:32

Oops, I had a real blond moment there as of course the two ports or holes are not connected or at least they shouldn't be. I was blowing the holes out with an air line and it felt as if they were connected. Why didn't I think more first before posting this. Aw well possibly it had someone thinking: oops: I promise to think more next time Very Happy

chuffchuff

Back to top Go down

Understanding Lister D float bowl drillings Empty Re: Understanding Lister D float bowl drillings

Post by chuffchuff Wed Jul 12 2023, 09:40

Oops, I had a real blond moment there as of course the two ports or holes are not connected or at least they shouldn't be. I was blowing the holes out with an air line and it felt as if they were connected. Why didn't I think more first before posting this. Aw well possibly it had someone thinking: oops: I promise to think more next time Very Happy

chuffchuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down