www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

alcon pump set..jap engine powered.

3 posters

Go down

alcon pump set..jap engine powered. Empty alcon pump set..jap engine powered.

Post by jay Sat Aug 27 2011, 11:44

got this nice little jap2a alcon pump set off ebay for the bargain £5..
A little clean of the points and a quick whip off with its head to free off the exhaust valve as it was sticking a little..A bit of fuel and oil change it started up and ran ok..
As bought and pictured on front garden path
alcon pump set..jap engine powered. Jap001
alcon pump set..jap engine powered. Jap002
1st video of it running after doing the above work..

this video is of it running after knocking up some water pipes I had laying about..pumps ok but engine seems to run a bit rich so looks like carb will come off and need a quick clean..

not bad for a £5 engine set..Going to repaint it and it may go in a simlar blue or possibly grey.
cleaned bits up ready to repaint this little set..
engine number.
alcon pump set..jap engine powered. 3df0dff2
now we seen this on petter engines made by j&h maclaren but found there mark on this jap engine as well..
alcon pump set..jap engine powered. B377f307
just under the exhaust is where the mark is and its repeaqted inside the heat sheild/ducting dated 1950..
alcon pump set..jap engine powered. C0efb3a9
how do you date the jap engine normally?

jay
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

alcon pump set..jap engine powered. Empty Re: alcon pump set..jap engine powered.

Post by mike d Sat Aug 27 2011, 12:02

HI JAY...

i was using these sorts of pumps years ago when i was in the construction business...
we used to use them for emptying the footings of water ready to poor the concrete....
if i remember they do pump some water at a good rate of knots....
ive seen a few at shows over the years..
good luck with it,and thanks for sharing it with us all..
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

alcon pump set..jap engine powered. Empty Re: alcon pump set..jap engine powered.

Post by jay Sat Aug 27 2011, 15:43

This is my second one of these I had my first little set about 10 years ago and rallied it a few times and even used it to pump out a big pond on a few occasions....This one i have got didnt pump very well in the video but this was because the inlet flap was seized up a little but all moves freely now and the pump works as it should..May even take it to a rally next week along with another engine.

jay
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 27 2011, 16:08

Ive got one of these pumps but mine is drivin by a Briggs and Stratton.

I was told the waterboard used these to empty holes etc, they recon they can lift water from 20ft down.

And like you say mike they can shift some water.

Paul

Admin
Admin

https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 11:33

I do like them little Jap pump sets think I'll have to keep my eye open for a cheap one. The last couple of shows I've done these's been one and it never causes any problems and pumps away happily all day.
Great buy Jay, nice to pick up a bargin every now and then.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:34

alcon pump set..jap engine powered. E5327f03
alcon pump set..jap engine powered. 95e98dcb
Painted in grey simlar colour that i found under a few layers of paint on it..going to take this little set to a rally next week and see how it runs for the day..
total spend including engine was £5..Had the paint already and had loads new spark plugs.even collected it on way home so no extra fuel in going to get it..maybe 4 or hours of work to bring it to a useable standard its by no means a trophey winner and was never going to be done to win any as just wanted it to look useable..hope to use it next week pumping out my gandads big pond as he wants it drained..

jay
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:41

Looking better now Jay, can't beat a bargin and I think you got one there. I laughed at the last few rallies I attend the same guy was next to me with the same pump, before he starts it he always takes the big knob off the top of the pump and puts in some food dye, waits till some kids are watching before he starts it, the look on the kids face to see red water coming out is a picture. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Mon Aug 29 2011, 12:25

cheap one here..villiars engine version.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Alcon-Villiers-powered-Water-Pump-/200645019951?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item2eb760092f

jay
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 10:26

Thanks I saw that one Jay but long way from me, getting into your area not want another, they are good sellers if there run and pump cause they don't take up much room and there's still people have there in case of home flooding.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down