www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

need some info on a 3hp sunshine engine,made in Australia

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

need some info on a 3hp sunshine engine,made in Australia

Post by mike d on Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:32

hi all..
im after some info on the sunshine engine,its made in Australia thats about all i know..
can anyone help???????
many thanks..mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Re: need some info on a 3hp sunshine engine,made in Australia

Post by stationary stu on Tue Feb 21 2012, 11:05

Mike PM Triumphline, I'm sure I can remember seeing pics of the Sunshine on his old posts, if anyone can help you it will be him.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Tue Feb 21 2012, 15:27

hi Stu..Patrick is on it as we speak mate...
waiting for him to get back to me...
regards,mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Wed Feb 22 2012, 10:50

Now why do you want Sunshine engine info. That's the question I'd like the answer too Question Question you got something up your sleeve no doubt.

Stu.

Engines are just like Pringles .... one is never enough.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  I used to love tractors all I would ever think/talk about. Then one day out of the blue I went on to statinary engines, So you could say I'm an extractor fan. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:21

no mate,i cant get a snot rag up my sleeve,let alone anything else....
my friend want some info...
i will post some pics tomorrow when hes sent me them... Embarassed Embarassed
regards,mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Thu Feb 23 2012, 23:52

now you know why i needed some info on the sunshine engine...lol.lol..
mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Fri Feb 24 2012, 11:37

Yup already guessed it mate lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Sat Feb 25 2012, 10:04

yes mate..didn't want to say to much till deal was done...
Patrick (triumph line) is one the case,hes got a mate who has a shed full of sunshine engines.....
mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Feb 25 2012, 11:59

Great looking engine, do you know it's history and how it got to this country?

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Sat Feb 25 2012, 14:33

yes Stu..
it was brought over here by the feller i bought it from (mike Edwards)
its apparently a 1919 and he got it from fremantle in Australia...
hes always over there as he has friends who went over there back in the 70s on the £10 trip they did years ago..
so it was easier for him to bring it in personally....
mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Feb 26 2012, 11:04

Must have cost a few bob to ship but well worth it. Is there any more in the UK do you know?

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Sun Feb 26 2012, 18:46

sorry mate don't know..would be nice to know though..
mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OLDENGINES on Wed Feb 29 2012, 03:28

mike d wrote:hi all..
im after some info on the sunshine engine,its made in Australia thats about all i know..
can anyone help???????
many thanks..mike...

Hi Mike,
what do you want to know?, common in Aus, nice collectors engines,
can run a bit rough without load, 2 stroke, hit & miss governing, made in 3,
5,7 and 10hp, the bigger ones are harder to find, cheers,
Chester.

OLDENGINES
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Thu Mar 08 2012, 00:34

hi Chester...
thanks for the info..its a 3hp and ive been told its a 1919,but im waiting for Patrick (triumph line) to speak to his friend who has a barn full of them....
what i needed to know is do i need to use all 3 oilers at the same time,as ive seen them in Australia and they only seem to have one oiler open at any one time?????
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ive found some manuals on a site that Patrick gave me,ive ordered them and they should be here sometime next week,so that mite help a lot as well...also whats the mixture ratio for the fuel...two stroke to petrol??????????
any info will be much appreciated...
regards,mike..

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OLDENGINES on Thu Mar 08 2012, 01:46

Hi Mike,
the 3hps are a nice little engine, the 2 outer oilers oil the main bearings,
these are a bronze taper bearing and seal the crankcase so it is important
to have them lubricated. The oiler in the middle is what controls the oil/fuel ratio,
(you run straight petrol in the fuel tank, the oil is mixed in the crancase)
i run 2 stroke oil in it, it is a bit hit n miss to get it set right, i usually start with a
high drip rate and then back it off untill there is little oil comming out the exhaust.
I did try running mine on 25-1 2 stroke mix with the oiler turned off, but it was way to rich, i may try a 50-1 mix and see what happens, my 5hp needs to be primed really well to start it, about 5 of the priming cup fulls, also fill the carbie up through the
filler. Cheers for now,
Chester.

OLDENGINES

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Thu Mar 08 2012, 10:12

That sounds like some good advice you've been given there Mike.
We need to see a video of it running.

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Fri Mar 09 2012, 11:18

OLDENGINES wrote:Hi Mike,
the 3hps are a nice little engine, the 2 outer oilers oil the main bearings,
these are a bronze taper bearing and seal the crankcase so it is important
to have them lubricated. The oiler in the middle is what controls the oil/fuel ratio,
(you run straight petrol in the fuel tank, the oil is mixed in the crankcase)
i run 2 stroke oil in it, it is a bit hit n miss to get it set right, i usually start with a
high drip rate and then back it off until there is little oil coming out the exhaust.
I did try running mine on 25-1 2 stroke mix with the oiler turned off, but it was way to rich, i may try a 50-1 mix and see what happens, my 5hp needs to be primed really well to start it, about 5 of the priming cup fulls, also fill the carb up through the
filler. Cheers for now,
Chester.

hi Chester....
many thanks for the information,will give it a go and see how it goes...
is your engine the same size as mine,or is it a bigger one.....
kind regards.mike....

Last edited by mike d on Fri Mar 09 2012, 11:57; edited 1 time in total

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Fri Mar 09 2012, 11:35

mike d wrote: is yours the same size as mine,or is it a bigger one.....
kind regards.mike....

Bit personal Mike lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Fri Mar 09 2012, 11:56

stationary stu wrote:That sounds like some good advice you've been given there Mike.

Stu.

yes mate,that's what i thought..nice to get some info when you need it..not like some forums...
and its very much appreciated indeed..
mike....

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Fri Mar 09 2012, 11:59

stationary stu wrote:That sounds like some good advice you've been given there Mike.

Stu.

will try and sort a video out of it running,but its a bit technical for me but will try...
mike....

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Mar 10 2012, 11:22

Get Ian to show you how to video, he has a bit of common sense lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Sat Mar 10 2012, 14:32

yes i mite do that,but im going to have a go myself first...ive got a bit of common sense....

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sat Mar 10 2012, 14:34

mike d wrote:yes i mite do that,but im going to have a go myself first...ive got a bit of common sense....

Ok if you say so Rolling Eyes lol! lol!

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d on Sat Mar 10 2012, 16:17

stationary stu wrote:
mike d wrote:yes i mite do that,but im going to have a go myself first...ive got a bit of common sense....

OK if you say so Rolling Eyes lol! lol!

Stu.

well i didn't say i could do it,but if i don't have a try i will never know..that's what i say to the MRS anyway..lol.lol...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stationary stu on Sun Mar 11 2012, 11:19

You a typical guy then Mike, have a go then read the instructions, still can't understand it so say sod it I'll wait till the kids come round. lol! lol! lol!

Stu.

stationary stu
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:29

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top