www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Coventry Victor WD2 7/9hp rings

2 posters

Go down

Coventry Victor WD2 7/9hp rings Empty Coventry Victor WD2 7/9hp rings

Post by Guest Mon May 27 2013, 07:38

I am restoring a CV WD2 as above and need a set of rings as the originals were stuck fast solidly in their grooves and had to be broken out, I have been told that Petter A rings are the same , can anyone confirm this before I have a set made from Cox & Turner ? Thanks

Janner

Back to top Go down

Coventry Victor WD2 7/9hp rings Empty Re: Coventry Victor WD2 7/9hp rings

Post by nutgone Tue May 28 2013, 16:02

Ian was looking for a set of rings to go on His Coventry Victor. He's got the WD1, he was also told that certain Petter Rings would fit, but so far no one has come forward with a definite answer. So it may just be an old wives tale.

If I hear of anything I will let you know, in the meantime, if anyone says which ones fit the Cov Vic WD1 we would be very interested to know.

BTW, there are much cheaper places to get rings than Cox & Turner, but I expect you know that. If you're happy with them then carry on using them. The guy who does those Clupert rings makes normal piston rings at pretty good prices. Think I will probably be getting most of my rings from Otto gas engine company in America, they're even cheaper (for stock sizes).

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Mon Jun 03 2013, 07:54

Have you got the manual? I've got a link to it on PDF if you need it. Can't share it now as I'm on my phone but if you do enough googling you should be able to find it. I'll put it up on the forum next time I use the computer.
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03 2013, 18:35

Ianhw77k wrote:Have you got the manual? I've got a link to it on PDF if you need it. Can't share it now as I'm on my phone but if you do enough googling you should be able to find it. I'll put it up on the forum next time I use the computer.

Lovely, appreciate it when you can , cheers Janner

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Mon Jun 03 2013, 19:00

Don't think you can post PDF files on the forum.

Best thing to do is if Janner gives Ian his email address via PM & Ian emails it when he gets the chance.

I wouldn't mind a copy of it as well, I like collecting PDF engine manuals. I haven't exactly got the most extensive library, but the ones I do have are pretty obscure (well, most of them).

EDIT:
Ignore me, I see Ian says he has a link to it on PDF. But just in case he's lost the link & only has the PDF file, then you can un-ignore me. Very Happy

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Mon Jun 03 2013, 19:50

I don't think I'm supposed to link to it but here is where I think I found it. If you have any trouble with the link either email me or google Coventry Victor wd or check 4Shared website and look through their files.

http://www.4shared.com/office/a6VrdlGV/Coventry_Victor_wd.html#
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Mon Jun 03 2013, 20:41

What a bloody rigmarole that was! Now I've probably got a load more useless crappy stuff on my computer that I didn't want, which will probably slow it down even more!

Anyway, I got the file & it's saved. If anyone else wants it then PM me your email address & I can send you the PDF. Ian is usually quite busy with work, wife &/or kids etc, so might be easier if you ask me as I've got more time on my hands.

It did work though. Those things so often don't. 👍

It's a combined manual & parts catalogue for the Coventry Victor WD-1 & WD-2 diesel engines.

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Mon Jun 03 2013, 21:03

It's a bit of an odd size as well isn't it?

I can't remember where I put it on this infernal machine now! I could do with looking at it.
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down