www.stationaryengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view every section, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Light Board

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Light Board

Post by steamman on Wed Oct 07 2015, 21:27

Hi, I  am thinking of making a light board with a rotating light, a spot light and a voltmeter powered by a 12v car dynamo running off my Lister D, could somebody give me some advice on making this, possible a wiring diagram and any does and dont's.
Thanks, Bernard.

steamman
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Re: Light Board

Post by StewartH on Wed Oct 14 2015, 09:39

if you're no electrician (like me...) then I can do no better than recommend the series of books with the rather odd name of 'Ugly's electrical references.' it outlines exactly what to do and why - its for engineers but assumes the reader is just sensible and not an expert. It tells you the difference between ohms, volts amps etc etc and why it makes a difference to a circuit and also shows you how to build circuits - either a national grid or a circuit board for a door bell! - and how to do it safely...it covers far too much but below is a link that will explain more...

http://www.uglysbooks.com/products.php?cat=10&gclid=COSP6YDVwcgCFcOGaQod9c0Eww

a USA site but I am sure you will find them on Amazon or similar....

Sorry I cant help with a diagram - I'm not skilled enough to warrant giving others my own wiring yet.......

best

Hamish

StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Light Board

Post by steamman on Wed Oct 14 2015, 15:16

Thanks, Hamish.

steamman
Expert
Expert