www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Light Board

2 posters

Go down

Light Board Empty Light Board

Post by steamman Wed Oct 07 2015, 22:27

Hi, I  am thinking of making a light board with a rotating light, a spot light and a voltmeter powered by a 12v car dynamo running off my Lister D, could somebody give me some advice on making this, possible a wiring diagram and any does and dont's.
Thanks, Bernard.
steamman
steamman
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Light Board Empty Re: Light Board

Post by StewartH Wed Oct 14 2015, 10:39

if you're no electrician (like me...) then I can do no better than recommend the series of books with the rather odd name of 'Ugly's electrical references.' it outlines exactly what to do and why - its for engineers but assumes the reader is just sensible and not an expert. It tells you the difference between ohms, volts amps etc etc and why it makes a difference to a circuit and also shows you how to build circuits - either a national grid or a circuit board for a door bell! - and how to do it safely...it covers far too much but below is a link that will explain more...

http://www.uglysbooks.com/products.php?cat=10&gclid=COSP6YDVwcgCFcOGaQod9c0Eww

a USA site but I am sure you will find them on Amazon or similar....

Sorry I cant help with a diagram - I'm not skilled enough to warrant giving others my own wiring yet.......

best

Hamish
StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Light Board Empty Re: Light Board

Post by steamman Wed Oct 14 2015, 16:16

Thanks, Hamish.
steamman
steamman