www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

What model of Lister is this, and where might I find a serial number?

2 posters

Go down

What model of Lister is this, and where might I find a serial number? Empty What model of Lister is this, and where might I find a serial number?

Post by georgineer Sun Oct 28 2018, 22:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This Lister engine is tucked away in a corner of the Gas Engine house at Portsmouth's Beam Engine museum. Somebody has given it a coat of green paint, but otherwise I think it is 'as received' probably in the 1970s. It is seized, and lacks a carburettor and fuel tank, not to mention spark plug and drain taps. Fortunately it doesn't seem to have been frosted, but the cylinder head nuts and studs in the cooling hopper are seriously rusted.

I have been unable to find any indication of model or serial number.

Thanks in advance,
George

georgineer
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

What model of Lister is this, and where might I find a serial number? Empty Re: What model of Lister is this, and where might I find a serial number?

Post by Woodsman Mon Oct 29 2018, 09:38

You could also try:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

What model of Lister is this, and where might I find a serial number? Empty Re: What model of Lister is this, and where might I find a serial number?

Post by georgineer Mon Oct 29 2018, 10:36

Thanks Paul. I've had a look but it's not in the pictures, and until I can identify the model or find a serial number the lists of dates don't help.

George

georgineer
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down