www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Leo pump info

3 posters

Go down

Leo pump info Empty Leo pump info

Post by Robotstar5 Mon Jul 29 2019, 23:28

Just wondered if anyone has any info on this pump?

Leo pump info Leo_0012

Leo pump info Leo_0010

Leo pump info Leo_0011

Googling Leo pumps brings up lots of hits for a Chinese company followed by a few Youtube videos for older pumps that look similar, but with a different "pump end"

The only one I've found on the forum is a Lion Leo, again with a different "pump end"

It's leaking oil from the non-pulley end of the crankshaft, but I'd like a bit of info to save doing any damage dismantling it.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Leo pump info Empty Re: Leo pump info

Post by Appletop Tue Jul 30 2019, 06:01

Like most pumps Rob there isn't much out there information wise, I can tell you the "crank" probably isn't and is just an eccentric held on the shaft with a pinch bolt and the shaft is just a length of rod. Bearings are standard open race bearings and there's no seals on them. As for the pump end, never had one like that so can't comment.

Do know they are a nice little pump, Made by Joseph Evans.

http://www.historywebsite.co.uk/Museum/Engineering/Evans/evans20.htm#contents
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Tue Jul 30 2019, 19:12

I have two, a 11/4" and a 13/4" bore versions and I rebuilt both. They were later taken over by Pulsometer pumps of Reading.  Crank is a two piece bolted together with the conrod eye on an eccentric as Rob said, the side bearings don't get a lot of oil and are usually corroded so I replaced mine with sealed ones.  The smaller one in the pic was used for transferring milk, ugh it took some cleaning! Shocked

Leo pump info 4BkX2x3

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down