www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Cylinder head Torque setting liste Dr

4 posters

Go down

Cylinder head Torque setting liste Dr  Empty Cylinder head Torque setting liste Dr

Post by Shane.N Sat Oct 05 2019, 20:30

What are the torque settings for the lister D cylinder head also the copper gasket should it greased or dry assembled?

Shane.N
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Cylinder head Torque setting liste Dr  Empty Re: Cylinder head Torque setting liste Dr

Post by maryalice Sat Oct 05 2019, 20:58

There are no actual torque settings, I grease lightly my head gasket and then tighten all of the bolts down by feel, fill with water and start the engine and watch for bubbles, nip the nuts until the bubbles stop, after its been run for a while and warmed through nip them all again.

Mary Alice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Cylinder head Torque setting liste Dr  Empty Re: Cylinder head Torque setting liste Dr

Post by Shane.N Sun Oct 06 2019, 09:06

Thank you Mary Alice. I am nervous of strippin the Brass Nuts.

Shane.N
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sun Oct 06 2019, 09:13

I've never stripped a head nut and I'm a Gorilla when it comes to tightening up nuts and bolts.
Make sure the threads are clean and the nuts screw on freely.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Sun Oct 06 2019, 11:35

[quote="maryalice"]I've never stripped a head nut and I'm a Gorilla when it comes to tightening up nuts and bolts.
Make sure the threads are clean and the nuts screw on freely.

Maryalice[/quote]

Also make sure you are doing the nuts up tight and not bottoming out on the thread as the washers are missing...
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane.N Sun Oct 06 2019, 18:50

Just finished putting the head back on New washers from Stationary engines needed reaming out to the correct size Metric equivalents are not good enough!!!!!! School boy error assembled the rocker shaft and then discovered couldn't get the head nuts on!!!! big learning curve thanks for all the help
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s3Rqs7nYTF0D5I_yB6zEgaEW2n6nmLWZ

Shane.N
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sun Oct 06 2019, 18:58

Pleased its gone well, Villiers, thanks for remembering the washers I completely forgot about them.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tony RA Sun Oct 06 2019, 21:30

I put a little dab of grease both sides of the washers they tighten down easier

tony RA
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down