www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Solex Carburettor

3 posters

Go down

Solex Carburettor Empty Solex Carburettor

Post by HolbornDave Fri Apr 03 2020, 16:43

Has any one got a Solex BFHD 26 Carburettor that is surplus to requirements. Mine is looking decidedly worn and weary.

HolbornDave
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Solex Carburettor Empty Re: Solex Carburettor

Post by blue cat Fri Apr 03 2020, 20:01

What is this for ?, as I'm not familiar with a Solex BFHD26. Unless of course you mean a 26FHD ?
What is wrong with your carb ?
A lot of these carbs are getting worse for wear as many are 50+ or more years old and weren't designed to last that long. There are spares around and even old carbs on eBay, but both might be just as worn as your carb.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chrismac Fri Apr 03 2020, 21:42

Is this the same as fitted to Bamfords, EV & EG engines, if so I had a long wait for the one I bought of ebay, that was a few years ago now too.

Chris

chrismac
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:10

OK, done a bit of research on this. The Solex 26 BFHD is a vehicle carburettor for 1920/1930 Citroen/Peugeot cars. No idea if they were used on stationary engines. Would seem to be quite hard to find and therefore a little expensive when they do turn up. There is currently a 26 BFHL version in eBay for +£300 !!! and a float chamber with float for +£70, but these might be opportunistic sellers prices. Could be like hens teeth Smile

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Solex Carburettor Empty SOLEX Carb

Post by HolbornDave Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:48

blue cat wrote:What is this for ?, as I'm not familiar with a Solex BFHD26. Unless of course you mean a 26FHD ?
What is wrong with your carb ?
A lot of these carbs are getting worse for wear as many are 50+ or more years old and weren't designed to last that long. There are spares around and even old carbs on eBay, but both might be just as worn as your carb.

It's off a Moteur Ceres engine I've just bought. The BF is the type, HD means its a vertical carb and 26 is the inlet aperture size in mm. Dates from 1931. It's working ok but the body has suffered a lot from corrosion

HolbornDave
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Solex Carburettor Empty Solex Carb

Post by HolbornDave Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:50

chrismac wrote:Is this the same as fitted to Bamfords, EV & EG engines, if so I had a long wait for the one I bought of ebay, that was a few years ago now too.

Chris

Not sure if they fitted them to those engines Chris, but I'm not expecting any to turn up in a hurry Very Happy Very Happy

HolbornDave
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Solex Carburettor Empty Solex Carb

Post by HolbornDave Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:59

blue cat wrote:OK, done a bit of research on this. The Solex 26 BFHD is a vehicle carburettor for 1920/1930 Citroen/Peugeot cars. No idea if they were used on stationary engines. Would seem to be quite hard to find and therefore a little expensive when they do turn up. There is currently a 26 BFHL version in eBay for +£300 !!! and a float chamber with float for +£70, but these might be opportunistic sellers prices. Could be like hens teeth Smile

You may well be right. I have managed to turn up a manual for the BF and FF types on the WWW it's all in French but thankfully had a translation facility and was able to print off FOC. The translation is far from perfect but the diagrams are legible so it's possible to work things out OK. The carb seems to functioning OK so not in a desperate hurry to replace the body, but thought I'd put some feelers out. Thanks for taking the trouble to research Smile

HolbornDave
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down