www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

SOLEX FH Carburettor #

3 posters

Go down

SOLEX FH Carburettor # Empty SOLEX FH Carburettor #

Post by donp Mon Apr 25 2022, 21:50

Hi all, this Solex carburettor still has me foxed, I have followed to the letter the instructions in the Solex information details that forum members sent me via a PDF how to make sure the carb. float is at correct level, but with the petrol tank tap in open position the carb. still drips petrol from the jet carrier section, also the spark plugs do not get wet on turning the starting handle, its a Norman T300 engine, so its a non- starter at the moment.

As said in a previous thread I have had it apart lots of times and cannot find anything incorrect, I E blocked jets, missing washers or gaskets so anyone any suggestions, or ideas as to what problem is and how to solve it, I will add a good friend and forum member of mine has the same problem with the carb on his same engine.

T I A Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

SOLEX FH Carburettor # Empty Re: SOLEX FH Carburettor #

Post by maryalice Mon Apr 25 2022, 22:28

have you checked for cracks, the material the carbs were made from wasn't to good.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by donp Tue Apr 26 2022, 07:50

maryalice wrote:have you checked for cracks, the material the carbs were made from wasn't to good.

Maryalice

Yes Martyn, thanks for idea but have checked many times, strange thing is I had the engine running just after I got it and it started easily usually first or second turn of handle, but it was running far too fast so took carb off as it did not respond to the throttle control lever, should say it is a marine model T300 so is throttle controlled not govenor controlled, it will run with a squirt of easy start in carb. intake but just do not like using this so ignition side is ok, its starting to frustrate me now.
One thing I have noticed there is no gasket between carb. and face where it bolts onto, and cannot see a mention of one in Solex info. details so was wondering if it should have one fitted anyone have a marine model please to answer this gasket question, but this does not solve carb. drip problem. confused confused Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Wed Apr 27 2022, 20:09

Yes, there should be a gasket between the carburettor and the crankcase on a Norman T300. It's quite a thick one on the marine engine, about 5mm thick.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by donp Thu Apr 28 2022, 08:16

blue cat wrote:Yes, there should be a gasket between the carburettor and the crankcase on a Norman T300. It's quite a thick one on the marine engine, about 5mm thick.

Thank you blue cat, will get one made up and fitted,

Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down