www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Air Ministry JAP generator set

+7
blue cat
the engineer
philipagri
StuartTurnerSteve
mattblack
Woodsman
bodisham
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Air Ministry JAP generator set  - Page 2 Empty Re: Air Ministry JAP generator set

Post by Alanengine Tue Dec 29 2020, 20:17

Petina!

Alan

Alanengine
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Air Ministry JAP generator set  - Page 2 Empty Re: Air Ministry JAP generator set

Post by bodisham Tue Dec 29 2020, 20:30

StuartTurnerSteve wrote:Fair enough, I've seen them both colours and yellow. The tank on yours seems to have been originally blue.
Field colour would have depended on what was available at the time, it would seem quite a few of the trolley acc remained blue, which the hot county ones being painted sand.
The Zwicky bowers were painted to conform with the paint ruling at the time but the engines and pumps remained the blue colour.

Great photos! I love the history and stories behind these engines!

Anyway - having started on the dynamo, I'm relieved to report that it was probably originally drab olive!
So - blue tank? olive dynamo? - I think I'm safe whichever!!  I can always book a re-paint as a later lockdown project!

Air Ministry JAP generator set  - Page 2 Img_2043     Air Ministry JAP generator set  - Page 2 Img_2044
bodisham
bodisham
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Tue Dec 29 2020, 22:57

Alanengine wrote:Petina!

Alan

I've worked on vintage aircraft with patina, that a very tired Hurricane.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bodisham Thu Dec 31 2020, 11:08

I thought I'd finish the year with a video summary of this nice little project so far...

Apologies if the music is a little irritating - but it's better than me talking all the time!
Happy New Year all. Let's hope we get to take our toys out sometime in 2021!

bodisham
bodisham
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2