www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Fowler PD Dating 1PD1114

4 posters

Go down

Fowler PD Dating 1PD1114 Empty Fowler PD Dating 1PD1114

Post by billybongo Fri Oct 30 2020, 15:13

Hi everyone, I have just acquired a Fowler PD and wondered if anyone can provide a date of manufacture.
The serial number is 1PD1114 . There are no further numbers or letters.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.

billybongo
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Fowler PD Dating 1PD1114 Empty Re: Fowler PD Dating 1PD1114

Post by Woodsman Sat Oct 31 2020, 10:05

Maybe David Edgington's Fowler book would help?

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billybongo Sat Oct 31 2020, 11:25

Hi Paul, thank you for your reply.
I've just bought a copy of the Fowler book but sadly it doesn't shed much light on my engine number.
Having said that, the book is full of useful information and chuffed I have a copy.
I did read somewhere there may be another number under the rust on the flywheel...watch this space.

Regards,
Mike.

billybongo
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Sat Oct 31 2020, 11:59

I think that these are 1940's or later, but not sure. Try messaging "fowlerfan" or "miley_bob" on this forum.

There used to be a site called stationaryenginesscotland.co.uk with Fowler data on it, but the link seems to be broken.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fowlerfan Sun Nov 08 2020, 22:01

Just noticed this post. I don't think thats the correct serial for a 1PD as the book quotes the following approx serials and date ranges...
PD series
Two batches of engines built.
70,000 Series:- 1936/7 to 1940
0100,000 Series:- 1940 onwards
That number rings a bell as a casting number on the block...worth a check ? If the engine doesn't have the brass plate the number is usually stamped on the flywheel opposite the key.

My old site (Stationary Engines Scotland) became outdated around 10 years ago as I gradually had less and less time to update it. I must have spent hundreds of hours on it during the previous 10 years but with limited time and hosting costs creeping up I just let it lapse (sadly) around 4 - 5 years ago. These days social media groups, photo hosting sites, blog sites etc pretty much do what I did from scratch in terms of a simple hobby website so it really seemed pointless continuing. I do have all the files and have been offered free hosting elsewhere but never pursued it. Much of the dating information was as per the Fowler book but there was some useful links noted between the manufacture date of the Lucas N magnetos and the age of the engines which has proved interesting and also quite accurate. There is the Fowler group on Facebook (grrrr!) which is fairly active and has the dating list pinned.
fowlerfan
fowlerfan
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

http://www.stationaryenginesscotland.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down