www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier

2 posters

Go down

Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier Empty Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier

Post by ghost123uk Sun Nov 22 2020, 11:54

I have a fairly nice "survivor" (ie un-restored but ok to look at) series 2 PAZ1 fixed speed engine.

I dug it out of the back of my unheated garage, where it has stood for around 4 years with a blanket over it.
I changed the oil, checked the tappets and wiped it over with a Paraffin rag.
It still had fuel in it from 4 years ago, but it fired right up on the first cranking with virtually no smoke  Cool

Now to the point, I knew the governor didn't work (it never has since I got it about 10 years ago).
I stripped the governor off and discovered it only has a spring one one side of the weights  >Sad
I checked as best as I could, to make sure the missing spring was not lurking in the front casing, but I cannot see it (I hope it ain't in the sump).

So far I have not been able to source a new pair of springs.
The part number I got from a manual I down loaded ( number = PD6) comes up with nothing on several Google search terms.

So, does anyone either know of a part number I can search for, or even better, a place that is likely to be able to supply?

Regards to all,
John B

ghost123uk
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier Empty Re: Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier

Post by Woodsman Sun Nov 22 2020, 16:31

Might be worth giving Stationary Engine Parts call - if you don't find it in the sump. Wink

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier Empty Re: Petter PAZ1 governor spring part number / supplier

Post by ghost123uk Wed Nov 25 2020, 11:47

I did send Stationary Engine Parts an email, they are checking into whether they can supply.

I might have a poke around in the sump with a bit of wire or summat via the oil filling cap, but I reckon the chances of "catching it" might be slim Crying or Very sad

ghost123uk
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Wed Nov 25 2020, 16:26

ghost123uk wrote:
I might have a poke around in the sump with a bit of wire or summat via the oil filling cap, but I reckon the chances of "catching it" might be slim Crying or Very sad  

I found a telescopic stick with a magnet on the end,  at Aldi I think, but there are plenty about. Very useful when you drop valve collets when refitting Villiers valves. Something like this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5KG-Heavy-Duty-Magnetic-Telescopic-Pick-Up-LED-Tool-Lift-Reach-Extending-Pen/114294127732?

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost123uk Thu Nov 26 2020, 19:11

Of course, I should have thought of that Smile

ghost123uk
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost123uk Thu Nov 26 2020, 19:19

The Stationary Engine Parts guy (Steve Perks) has got stocks of the springs (Pt # PD6) at a reasonable price, so that is good Very Happy

Funny though, with some mechanical adjustments to the external "bits" I have managed to get the motor to "govern" OK with just the one spring in place.

Might as well get it done "properly" though, so I will order another spring (to make the pair) tomorrow.

ghost123uk
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down