www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Amanco Hired Man Governor Latch speed control spring diameter?

2 posters

Go down

Amanco Hired Man Governor Latch speed control spring diameter? Empty Amanco Hired Man Governor Latch speed control spring diameter?

Post by chuffchuff Sat Feb 01 2020, 13:46

Hi Can anyone help me with the external diameter of the "Hired Man" governor latch speed control compression spring external diameter Question .
I'm currently on with  fabricating a latch beam and would like to find the spring external diameter so I can machine the spring pocket to the correct bore size.  Thanks in advance. Thumbs Up

chuffchuff
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Amanco Hired Man Governor Latch speed control spring diameter? Empty Re: Amanco Hired Man Governor Latch speed control spring diameter?

Post by blue cat Sun Feb 02 2020, 14:10

The speed adjusting screw is, I think, 3/8 UNC, so the spring has to be a slide fit into the hole with this thread. The outside diameter of the spring on my Amanco is about 0.33 inches. The spring is not a tight fit so anything suitable around this size will suffice.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Amanco Hired Man Governor Latch speed control spring diameter? Empty Re: Amanco Hired Man Governor Latch speed control spring diameter?

Post by chuffchuff Sun Feb 02 2020, 21:51

Many thanks Blue Cat for your help. Thumbs Up
I've tapped the adjuster screw to 3/8" UNF so now I know that I can use a spring to fit into the 3/8" bore size. I wasn't sure if I needed to bore out to a larger size for the spring pocket.
I'll only need to experiment with the spring rate or strength when I eventually get the engine running.

chuffchuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down