www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Markon B21B Alternator troubleshooting

2 posters

Go down

Markon B21B Alternator troubleshooting Empty Markon B21B Alternator troubleshooting

Post by brian hughes Sun Feb 07 2021, 15:43

Has anyone been inside a Markon B21B brushless alternator? I had mine spinning yesterday, but with no output from the main output connections. There seems to be continuity through the two output windings on the stator, the single capacitor winding, and the two independent windings on the rotor- I can come back with exact readings in Ohms. There's no obvious signs of overheating or trauma to the windings. Is the capacitor the first thing to suspect, or the last thing? How about the rotor diodes? Thanks for any help.

brian hughes
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Markon B21B Alternator troubleshooting Empty Re: Markon B21B Alternator troubleshooting

Post by Woodsman Mon Feb 08 2021, 17:00

Have you tried the manufacturer? You might get lucky.

https://www.stamford-avk.com/about/heritage

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down