www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Fowler going today after at least 35 years sleep

3 posters

Go down

Fowler going today after at least 35 years sleep Empty Fowler going today after at least 35 years sleep

Post by chuffchuff Sat Mar 20 2021, 18:10

Got the Folwer going today for the first time in at least 35 years or probably much more of lying dormant in the workshop.
All I had to do was clean the mag points and the spark plug although I did drop the carb float bowl and blow through the jets but in fairness it didn't really need it. Even the oil was really clean. The compression isn't very good and its not a great starter. Crying or Very sad  I guess I should really have lapped in the valves but that can come later.  There was a few good spit-backs through the carb. affraid  Were the good starters or not????
I'm not sure if head gaskets are still available but I haven't really looked online yet to check, however I guess I could likely use the old gasket again.
I'm waiting on a set of castors to arrive so I can move it around in the workshop on its current maintenance stand.
I don't think this engine has seen much work though judging by the condition of it.
I'll stick a wee video of it running on you tube and post here later on.

I'm getting a wee bit worried about myself as this engine caper is becoming a bit of an obsession.  pale  confused  lol! I keep telling the wife its better than sitting in the pub or wasting a good walk on the golf course. Smile

chuffchuff
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Fowler going today after at least 35 years sleep Empty Fowler going today after at least 35 years sleep

Post by chuffchuff Sat Mar 20 2021, 19:20

Fowler resurrection going today for the first time after a very long sleep.

chuffchuff

Back to top Go down

Fowler going today after at least 35 years sleep Empty Re: Fowler going today after at least 35 years sleep

Post by Woodsman Sat Mar 20 2021, 22:38

chuffchuff wrote:
I'm getting a wee bit worried about myself as this engine caper is becoming a bit of an obsession.  

Welcome to the club !welcome sign  (mad house) cheers

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fowler going today after at least 35 years sleep Empty Re: Fowler going today after at least 35 years sleep

Post by Lusk Sun Mar 21 2021, 19:34

Excellent, like it :-)

Got to say, I've got serious workshop envy here!

Lusk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down