www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Sewing Machine for engine to drive

3 posters

Go down

Sewing Machine for engine to drive Empty Sewing Machine for engine to drive

Post by donp Thu Apr 29 2021, 18:04

Hi all, I have been driving this sewing machine from one of my engines at rallies, it is now here to be collected as there is no way it will be possible to post or courier, [too much risk of damage with couriers].

The machine is I was told when purchasing it is  an industrial type Singer and quite old, it was originally a treadle type machine, as seen there is a 10 to 1 reduction gearbox now fitted to slow needle speed down, last time I displayed it used my Norman T300  using the vee pulley that is part of  flywheel  as driven end to box, and it went well in fact I received a rosette and bottle of wine as a " one of best of interest items in crank up".

The machine part , which is quite heavy can easily be separated from its original wood base part if you want to for movement  around.

Also have the Stuart Water Pump for sale that is in the pumps and engine driven equipment section, looking at very near £100 for it collected

As seen am looking at £70 or VERY NEAR offer.
PM me please if you would like to have a look at it in working condition can easily rig it up for this via an engine.
DonSewing Machine for engine to drive Sew_ma10
Sewing Machine for engine to drive Sew_ma11

Last edited by donp on Sat May 01 2021, 20:53; edited 2 times in total
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Sewing Machine for engine to drive Empty Re: Sewing Machine for engine to drive

Post by dunitrong Thu Apr 29 2021, 21:54

I worked on sewing machines all my life. That brought me out in a cold sweat. I dont want it but is it a 96k, Arthur

dunitrong
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotstar5 Thu Apr 29 2021, 23:12

One of our club members shows something similar powered by a JAP engine

Sewing Machine for engine to drive Binton22

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by donp Fri Apr 30 2021, 08:15

Yes your are correct Arthur, I was told it was a 96K from the gent I got it from, it was originally a  treadle machine, with it being so heavy he delivered it to me in separate parts, it had been converted by an electrician to electric power, I kept what I wanted and gave the rest of it away.  It runs so smoothly but by jings it is heavy compared to my daughters  hand crank old Singer she has.

Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down