www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

ananco chore boy

3 posters

Go down

ananco chore boy Empty ananco chore boy

Post by futura9838 Fri Oct 22 2021, 20:07

ive got an air cooled chore boy ive fitted new oneway valve and new fuel pipe there is a good supply of fuel and the ignitor is ok the engine runs for a short while and then stops anybody any ideas

futura9838
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

ananco chore boy Empty Re: ananco chore boy

Post by blue cat Sat Oct 23 2021, 18:03

You will probably need to supply photos of the fuel line arrangement that you have before we can sensibly comment. As a new member to the forum I think you have to wait 7 days before you can do this (a forum rule).

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sat Oct 23 2021, 21:12

Air lock or new valve is stuck shut, is it also fitted the correct way around.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by futura9838 Sun Oct 24 2021, 08:50

thanks for the replys i bought the engine a couple of months ago the previous owner had the same problem it had a home made tank and a dodgy valve and a fued pipe coiled up
franks tanks lovley man sold me a new tank tap pipe and one way valve the tank wants sealing so ive rigged a pipe up with the new one way valve from the old tank loads of fuel through now the card to head joint leaks so new gasket needed for there the needles not pitted im thinking too if fuel leaks from joint it must admit air too im going to try that then its off with the head a decoke and valve lap
im not an expert just trying one thing at once i will try to put some photos up ive spent years watching these engines at shows and cannot resist the tempation to join them thanks all

futura9838
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by futura9838 Wed Oct 27 2021, 18:36

does the ignitor run on a 6 or a 12 volt battery and does the ampage matter ive got a new coil

futura9838
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down