www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Ptter PA2 twin cylinder magneto

3 posters

Go down

Ptter PA2 twin cylinder magneto Empty Ptter PA2 twin cylinder magneto

Post by Bob H Thu Jun 16 2022, 23:03

I am assembling a Petter PA2 engine and I need a magneto. The manual states that the magneto model number is either Wico A1114Z or A1116Z depending on rotation direction of engine. One I have runs clockwise from flywheel end. I have located a Wico twin cylinder magneto which has a different number, does anyone know if any twin cylinder magneto will do the job or will I need the model specified.

Bob H
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Ptter PA2 twin cylinder magneto Empty Re: Ptter PA2 twin cylinder magneto

Post by blue cat Sat Jun 18 2022, 12:38

If it's an impulse magneto you need one that turns the right way and has the right flange for your engine so that the impluse trips properly ay the right time.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by neil (LE) Sat Jun 18 2022, 13:44

There is a good looking fully shielded N.O.S. Wico twin cylinder magneto cover available on ebay, item No. 194877600305. Don't know if it is of any interest or use to you but thought I would point it out, just in case.

Neil

neil (LE)
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Ptter PA2 twin cylinder magneto Empty Petter PA2 magneto

Post by Bob H Mon Jun 20 2022, 18:39

blue cat wrote:If it's an impulse magneto you need one that turns the right way and has the right flange for your engine so that the impluse trips properly ay the right time.

Thanks to both of you for the info, the magneto is an impulse type. I will take the mounting plate for the magneto which has the connection to the governor and if it all goes together will give it a try. If it helps anyone I will send some photos if it fits.
BobH

Bob H
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down