www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

????????????????HOW HEAVY ARE THESE ENGINES ??????????

5 posters

Go down

????????????????HOW HEAVY ARE THESE ENGINES ?????????? Empty ????????????????HOW HEAVY ARE THESE ENGINES ??????????

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Apr 01 2011, 02:31

hi there
DOES ANYONE NOW!!!!
????????? H/P UNKNOW
AND ALSO THE WEIGHTS OF ANY BELOW??????????
AS IM PICKING UP :-
LISTER A 1936, H/P UNKNOW
PETTER A1 ,
JAP 4/4
WOLSELEY WD1 ,
WOLSELEY WLB WD2 ,

THIS WEEKEND WITH MY 4X4
THANKS KEV

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

????????????????HOW HEAVY ARE THESE ENGINES ?????????? Empty Re: ????????????????HOW HEAVY ARE THESE ENGINES ??????????

Post by matt86 Fri Apr 01 2011, 17:13

i know a wolseley wd2 is 110 punds if i am right or there abouts , so im guessing that a wd1 is around the same weight .

hope this helps
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

????????????????HOW HEAVY ARE THESE ENGINES ?????????? Empty Re: ????????????????HOW HEAVY ARE THESE ENGINES ??????????

Post by JONESEY Fri Apr 01 2011, 20:11

This is a very good stab
Lister A = 176 kg
Wolseley WD 2 =110 kg
Wolseley WD 8 =130 kg
Petter A =100 kg
Jap =60 kg

Grand total =576 kg
Call this 600 kg better to be over on the calcalations
Jonesey Smile
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Apr 02 2011, 02:09

thanks again jonesey Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
study you seam to be the book of knowlage study
i wish i had sat on my workshop shelf
plus your engines would be a nice bonus lol! to, my more modern collection
of running but unrestoed to original glory finish
thanks again kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Apr 02 2011, 02:17

matt86_wd2 wrote:i know a wolseley wd2 is 110 punds if i am right or there abouts , so im guessing that a wd1 is around the same weight .

hope this helps

thanks matt Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
i have two people emailed me the same wheight for the same engine so you were correct with your answer
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP and hope to return somthing usfull back to you in the future
thanks kev j

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by neil f Thu May 09 2013, 22:34

kevjhnsn wrote:hi there
DOES ANYONE KNOW!!!!

PETTER A1 ,

Shows 82kg on a 150kg spring balance.

neil f
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Fri May 10 2013, 00:24

Wolseley WD is well over 110lbs, more like 110kg (as Jonesey said). I seem to remember them being over 2cwt in old money.

Don't get mixed up Kev, there's 2.2lbs to each kilo, so it's over double the difference. I would say the Petter is more than 110lbs (which it is, if it's 82kg, which is over 180lbs)

Lister A depends on weather it's tank or hopper cooled. Tank cooled is a lot lighter on its own (with trolley & tank is a different issue).

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri May 10 2013, 00:34

nutgone wrote:Wolseley WD is well over 110lbs, more like 110kg (as Jonesey said). I seem to remember them being over 2cwt in old money.

Don't get mixed up Kev, there's 2.2lbs to each kilo, so it's over double the difference. I would say the Petter is more than 110lbs (which it is, if it's 82kg, which is over 180lbs)

Lister A depends on weather it's tank or hopper cooled. Tank cooled is a lot lighter on its own (with trolley & tank is a different issue).
this posting is yrs old know and my lister A was the same weight as her big brother "B" as she turned out to be an industrial with the larger flywheels CRANKSHAFT ect
but all back safe and restored ,and most have new homes to Embarassed Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes progression and engine pining depression for some of them ,wish i kept but had to go for the next ect :doh:
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Fri May 10 2013, 00:37

I never checked the date! Rolling Eyes :doh: Embarassed

(that's it, let the smilies do the talking, I'll do the walking Laughing )

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri May 10 2013, 01:40

nutgone wrote:I never checked the date! Rolling Eyes :doh: Embarassed

(that's it, let the smilies do the talking, I'll do the walking Laughing )

id never do a thing like that either mate Very Happy Very Happy
ive left it as it does come in handy for others and future referance ,if im that lucky again "fingers crossed"
you`ve another pm to mate Smile
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10 2013, 12:21

I does happen from time to time that an old thread is dragged back up and I know it confusses me wondering where it came from etc then I check the date. Durrrrr :doh: Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad to hear your sorted now Kev but the time that's past since the post was started those engine might be needing restored again now. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down