www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

another one sneaked in the trailer today ....

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

another one sneaked in the trailer today .... - Page 2 Empty Re: another one sneaked in the trailer today ....

Post by matt86 Fri Aug 05 2011, 22:07

i did have a eye on it but as your after it il let u get it mate the tardis needs a rest at moment lol!
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

another one sneaked in the trailer today .... - Page 2 Empty Re: another one sneaked in the trailer today ....

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Aug 06 2011, 03:46

matt86_wd2 wrote:i did have a eye on it but as your after it il let u get it mate the tardis needs a rest at moment lol!

MATT
lol! lol! could you pick it up and tellyport to me lol! lol!
mind you if i had your trailer i would go back in time and buy them new for 20-80 pounds from the agents
mind you go to india today and buy most of are historic engines new with a slightly different name listeroid and what ever petter and villiers massey furgeson ect are called now over there

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06 2011, 10:23

You can get anything made in India, Statuonary parts at York gets a lot of his stuff from India, don't think it will ever be as good as original parts made in the UK.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Aug 06 2011, 10:45

i can say that had a few parts of him and not made 100% good quality
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves Sat Aug 06 2011, 17:39

Re Stationary Engine Parts.

I had a few bits of him for my last CS diesel nothing major, but they do what they are meant to do.

Originals are always going to better or should be.
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Aug 06 2011, 19:42

i had a wd head gasket of him and the holes did not line up so had to open them out slightly , will order parts off him just depending what ... I have just ordered a transfer for my EG1 of ebay , ends up cheaper than sending of to the engine mag .
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 10:34

billypurves wrote:Re Stationary Engine Parts.

I had a few bits of him for my last CS diesel nothing major, but they do what they are meant to do.

Originals are always going to better or should be.

Bill, I'm not knocking the guy just saying where his parts are from and the quality is not always there, at least he's the balls to go and source the parts and put them on his shelf a big risk to his wallet in the quantities he's buying in, with only the CS being a working engine the rest are just enthusiasts play things. Personally I think it's a shame that we have sold all the old tooling equipment to India but at least the parts are available for old Morris Oxfords, Royal Enfield motor bikes and all the stationary engine and tractors parts that can now be bought in the country.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves Sun Aug 07 2011, 12:04

I can only echo your thoughts on the tooling etc. that has went abroad to what we call third world countries only for the product they make to come back to us as a valuable commodity that could still have been made here.

Lessons to be learnt here or is it too late? Perhaps this should be in another thread the one on "what happened to British industry". Still going on too.One of our local to me papermills has just shipped a massive paper making machine to Pakistan as they did not have the work for it.

I spoke to the owner of S.E. Parts on the phone, he employs a quality control inspector in India to check his orders. Like you say a lot of cash invested in parts. Stock is dead money until it is sold.
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Aug 08 2011, 20:03

billypurves wrote:I can only echo your thoughts on the tooling etc. that has went abroad to what we call third world countries only for the product they make to come back to us as a valuable commodity that could still have been made here.

Lessons to be learnt here or is it too late? Perhaps this should be in another thread the one on "what happened to British industry". Still going on too.One of our local to me papermills has just shipped a massive paper making machine to Pakistan as they did not have the work for it.

I spoke to the owner of S.E. Parts on the phone, he employs a quality control inspector in India to check his orders. Like you say a lot of cash invested in parts. Stock is dead money until it is sold.
hi there
i beleave in the saying 3rd world, 3rd rate quality " british built to last ,first as last "
thanks kev
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes i will probable end up ordering my cs parts from there lol!

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Aug 08 2011, 20:59

oh kev you will be pleased to know the tardis is soon to have adaption / modifications to it Wink
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Aug 08 2011, 21:13

matt86_wd2 wrote:oh kev you will be pleased to know the tardis is soon to have adaption / modifications to it Wink

whats that then matt ???????? the starship enterprise "" BEAM ME A 35HP OPENCRANK RUSTON DIESEL UP SCOTTY lol! lol!
OH YEAAAAAH YOUVE GOT SCOTTyS AREADY AND WAITING lol! lol!
are you going up to a 7. 1/2 tonner then with a hiab to lift them on quicker lol! lol! kev

Last edited by kevjhnsn on Mon Aug 08 2011, 21:26; edited 1 time in total

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Aug 08 2011, 21:15

kevjhnsn wrote:
matt86_wd2 wrote:oh kev you will be pleased to know the tardis is soon to have adaption / modifications to it Wink

whats that then matt ????????
are you going up to a 7. 1/2 tonner then with a hiab to lift them on quicker lol! lol! kev

nope a secret compartment lol! lol! lol!
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Aug 08 2011, 21:32

matt86_wd2 wrote:
kevjhnsn wrote:

whats that then matt ????????

nope a secret compartment lol! lol! lol!
WHATS THAT FOR MATT
YOU TO HIDE IN AWAY FROM THE MRS,
WHEN SHE LOOKS IN THE SHEDS AT HOME AND SEES THE EXTENDED COLLECTION FOR THE LAST TIME SHE WAS OUTSIDE lol! lol!
OR IS IT FOR THE ROLLS OF CASH FROM THE SECRET MONEY TREE GARDEN WITH THE DARLECKS PROTECTING IT
KEV

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Aug 08 2011, 22:08

no its a winch box lol Laughing
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Aug 09 2011, 21:31

matt86_wd2 wrote:no its a winch box lol Laughing

that has got to help with the loading and loading on the fields
im nackered getting them back onto my trailer without a winch
glad when somone comes over to help me
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Tue Aug 09 2011, 22:36

i know what u mean , mike helped my last time with a heavy engine , even with his back .
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10 2011, 10:58

Matt are you going for a hand winch or electric? A little tip I picked up from one of Mike's mates for an electric winch is have it's own battery on the trailer with a split charging relay on the car, so then you don't need to run heavy cables to the trailer from the car battery.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Wed Aug 10 2011, 16:57

electric but then how do you connect its up to the car if the battery is in the trailer ?
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 11:35

Just use the normal grey (2nd) socket to charge the battery, same as you would a caravan battery with thick cable to your split charger in the boot (30amp cable minimum). You need heavy cable due to loss on a long cable run. (sorry I'm not electrically minded just know the basics so maybe someone else with the knowledge could help) Or run heavy cable from the car battery and use an anderson conector from car to trailer (car must be running to do it this way).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350273621051&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2