www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister LT1 and other odds and sods

4 posters

Go down

Lister LT1 and other odds and sods Empty Lister LT1 and other odds and sods

Post by centrefire Thu Mar 22 2012, 19:46

Hello
Joined the forum a few days ago and realy too sure how to use it propaly but will get there eventually. I run a Lister HA2 (1962 build) generator set which is the only means of power at this location, it runs well albeit a few annoying oil leaks. I also have a Lister LT1 engine which I believe was removed from a concrete mixer, I would like to rig up the engine to belt drive a small alternator to supply power to the mobile so I am looking for a suitable 240v alternator, and also some advice. The engine plate lists an output of 2.5 hp at 1000 rpm, can this engine speed be varied at all ? I have an old Alam mini Gen alternator which I was considering rigging up to the Lister but have been advised not to bother !!. This Mini Gen is complete with the villiers engine and frame so if it is of any use to someone they are welcome. I also have two other engines surplus to requirements, a twin cylender JAP (i can find the model and number if required) and a Petter PH2, Both these engines are complete and have been in dry storage but have not run for about 15 years, The Jap is in very good condition and was ex MOD. If any one is interested or/and can give me some advice concerning the LT1 set up I would be more than grateful.

Nick

centrefire

Back to top Go down

Lister LT1 and other odds and sods Empty Re: Lister LT1 and other odds and sods

Post by Foden Thu Mar 22 2012, 22:13

Hi Nick, I am not too familiar with the LT1 engine but the earlier LD1 which I once owned could have the speed adjusted by altering the tension on the screw and locknut which is fitted horizontally in the timing case. Does your engine have a similar fitment, if so then you could probably get the speed down to around the 700 rpm mark by loosening the locknut and turning the screw anti-clockwise.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Mar 22 2012, 23:02

hi there what ££££ are looking for the villiers powered gem set as i would be interested
thanks kev
p.s welcome to the forum

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 11:21

Hi Nick the best place to look for a 240 generator would be ebay if your on a budget, the only problem being the weight if you had to ship it. I would agree with Pete there should be some way of adjusting the revs. it may even need a shorter rod made, the only problem is most engines are designed to run at a set RPM and not being to familiar with the engine I'm not sure if the slower revs would be good for the internal oiling of the engine.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by DanBoy Fri Mar 23 2012, 11:53

kevjhnsn wrote:hi there what ££££ are looking for the villiers powered gem set as i would be interested
thanks kev
p.s welcome to the forum

Well there's a surprise lol! lol! lol!

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Lister LT1 and other odds and sods Empty Lister LT1 etc

Post by centrefire Fri Mar 23 2012, 21:02

Thanks to all for the info.
Now then, a message to KEV re: the Alam Mini Gen. As it stands the generator is removed from the engine and apears in good condition although one brush is broken, the engine is still in the frame and the generator was removed by hacksaing one of the frame tubes out ( a bit barbaric I know but I as not the guilty person. an easy job to weld back in) The engine will not do a complete turn but I suspect nothing is broken inside as I saw this set running about 20 years ago before it was put in the shed and didnt see the light of day again unti a few weeks ago when i asked a mate to take the geny off for the purpose of mating it to the LD1. All the parts are here so it could easily be re assembled. If you are still interested its yours to have with my blessing foc, I would just ask for you to keep your ears and eyes to the ground in the hope you may be able to locate a belt driven geny that I could mate up to the LD1. If you are still interested get back in touch and we will try and arrage some way of getting it to you.

Nick

centrefire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down