www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Petter A2

+4
Foden
blackvanman
hob
kevjhnsn
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Petter A2  - Page 2 Empty Re: Petter A2

Post by Ianhw77k Sat Nov 03 2012, 09:50

That's looking good mate Smile
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Sat Nov 03 2012, 10:29

She's looking very nice. Is she coming along to Hassocks tomorrow?

Great job anyway, if you fancy doing a few rallies down here this coming season I can recommend a few, not too far from Horsham.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by grizman23 Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:13

Afraid not, she is still not totally finished but will be soon.
Next season will be a definite for us both, dates and places a must, might have another engine by then as well as my Petter.
Tomorrow should be good, even if the weather turns.
Griz Very Happy Very Happy

grizman23
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by grizman23 Sun Nov 04 2012, 21:22

Battled through floods and wind to get to the Hassocks Gas up and sale to get a starting handle for my petter,got one but it has no pin.
Still I have got the handle now,may have to make a pin for it unless Anyone has a spare, will put a photo of it on here later.
Nice to meet Nutgone face to face, nice engines.
Thats all for now.
Griz Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

grizman23
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Sun Nov 04 2012, 23:02

Cheers Griz, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have even known it was going on. Always good to put a few faces to names, so to speak, & despite the weather it was still a good turn-out.

I've taken a few photos so might do a quick write-up on the forum, unless it's been done, in which case I'll gladly add to it.

Good luck with the pin for your starting handle, I'm sure if no one here has one they'll be able to point you in the right direction soon enough, they're pretty good for stuff like that here, there's a wealth of information on these pages & with these folks.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianhw77k Mon Nov 05 2012, 10:08

Nice to meet you Griz, sorry I didn't get much of a chance to chat. Having two bored little boys was taking up most of my time Embarassed
Ianhw77k
Ianhw77k
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 12:02

Glad to hear you had a good day out guys and you've met another local enthusiast. Griz put some pics up of what you need I'm sure someone will be able to help you in your search.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by grizman23 Tue Nov 06 2012, 07:33

Thanks Stu
Here are a couple of pics of the handle, I am wittling a new handle for it but definitely need help with the pin as you will see.
Petter A2  - Page 2 Handle10
Petter A2  - Page 2 Handle11
Petter A2  - Page 2 Handle12
It needs a clean and re-paint but its not too bad.
Griz Very Happy

grizman23
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Tue Nov 06 2012, 10:26

I've got a feeling the pins in these have a spring in there too. They act like a ratchet, so when the engine fires up you don't spin round with it. So you need a pin & spring (although it shouldn't be difficult to match up a spring to suit)

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by grizman23 Wed Nov 07 2012, 07:57

That is exactly it, how you get them both in is going to be fun when I have sourced the bits.
Hopefully someone out there has a spare or two. Smile Smile
We will have to wait and see.
Nice to meet you to Ian.
Griz Very Happy

grizman23
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by braydh Wed Nov 07 2012, 21:08

Wish I had dropped in on that meet now was there watching veteran car run

braydh
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Wed Nov 07 2012, 23:40

braydh wrote:Wish I had dropped in on that meet now was there watching veteran car run

That's a shame, we were a bit tucked away in the corner though. Good to see another local member. cheers

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 12:01

Sounds as if there's a few of you in the area now so you should have some good times at rallies, I find it's best when you know someone else so you can have a good chin wag. Don't know if you'd guessed but I'm a good talker Laughing Laughing Laughing and can spend a full day at a rally just talking to different people I've made friends with, and I really enjoy getting to rallies and chatting, although my wife does get abit fed up when I keep disappearing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by braydh Fri Nov 09 2012, 17:37

Saw everyone over in the corner was going to walk over but had been out along vets run route one of my fav events of the year but was frozen and wet and was a bit bored of the having to talk to my other half but probably not as bored as her. lol!

oh and my flask was empty

braydh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10 2012, 10:57

You'll always find the stationary engines tucked away in corners or at the back of the field so the public haven't got to come to close to us. Laughing Laughing

As for talking to the wife have you considered an Ipod (sorry it's not an offer of a swap) with my ex I used a walkman but that was a few years back but all things must change for the best including the ex Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by grizman23 Fri Nov 16 2012, 05:26

A Walkman.......... now there is something I haven't seen in years. Laughing
Griz

grizman23
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by grizman23 Thu Nov 29 2012, 20:03

Missed out on the starter handle. Weather bad and cold so not much done on the Petter for a bit.
Sometimes I wish I was under cover so could get more done.
Hopefully soon.
Griz Very Happy

grizman23
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Thu Nov 29 2012, 22:19

Griz, if you want something on eBay but can't be there to bid when it ends, just set up a snipe, I use it all the time (got fed up with being sniped, so thought "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em").

Basically it's a good way of keeping to your limit on eBay. Days before the auction ends you input the item number into the snipe service along with your maximum bid, you then leave it & walk away. No obsessing, no need to be there when it ends. If it goes over your top bid then it wasn't meant to be. It also stops people pushing up your bid if you bid early (some sellers have ghost accounts & friends who will deliberately push up peoples bids in order to make more money, sniping helps to stop this & keep your powder dry/cards close to your chest).

Either that or get someone to bid for you. I don't mind, as I've met you. Just as long as you're paying & I don't end up with a Petter starting handle I don't need! Very Happy

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30 2012, 11:59

grizman23 wrote:Missed out on the starter handle. Weather bad and cold so not much done on the Petter for a bit.
Sometimes I wish I was under cover so could get more done.
Hopefully soon.
Griz Very Happy

Griz I know what is like having to work outside over the winter I've done it now for a few years and it's no fun, it's just a case of seeing how the weather is going to be. A cheap gazebo always comes in handy or a tarp and bungee cords and mate your own shelter. I've 2 sheds and still end up working outside because I can't fit everything into the shed. Hopefully getting rid of my small shed new year and replacing it with a slightly larger one just to work in no storage.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Fri Nov 30 2012, 12:58

It's the same old story isn't it,

space!

There's never enough of it. No matter how much you have, it's never enough.

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30 2012, 13:47

Very true Nuts, Mike had a large shed built not long ago and it's still not big enough, were never satified about the size we have Embarassed yet there's always someone worse of then us. I need a shed just to work in no clutter or engines that's not being worked on.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by grizman23 Sat Dec 08 2012, 00:59

I might have had a bit of luck, the farmer who is letting me use his shed has decided that he needs to clear one of the other sheds and has said if I give him a days help, I can use the cleared shed to strip down and rebuild.
Just waiting for him to tell me what day he wants me.
It will be hard day but well worth it.
Very Happy Smile Cool
Griz

grizman23
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Sat Dec 08 2012, 10:35

grizman23 wrote:I might have had a bit of luck, the farmer who is letting me use his shed has decided that he needs to clear one of the other sheds and has said if I give him a days help, I can use the cleared shed to strip down and rebuild.
Just waiting for him to tell me what day he wants me.
It will be hard day but well worth it.
Very Happy Smile Cool
Griz

Sounds like a very good plan. You need somewhere under cover really, just a corner would do you. Best of luck with that & make sure it's a good spot he gives you Very Happy

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08 2012, 12:12

Griz sounds like you have it sorted now and don't forget to have a good look at things from the old shed before their thrown out. You never know you might find a nice set of wheels or an old well pump.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by grizman23 Tue Dec 18 2012, 07:08

I will definately be keeping my eyes open on that day, just got to wait till after the christmas period for the day he has in mind.
Looks quite a dry good area so fingers crossed.
Griz Smile Smile Very Happy

grizman23
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2