www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

plastic sheet.

3 posters

Go down

plastic sheet. Empty plastic sheet.

Post by steve w Thu Jun 20 2013, 07:03

After reading the post by nuts about him cutting his gaskets on a Kellogg's packet - I use a lot of plastic sheet of all thicknesses - 3mm 4.5mm 6mm 9mm and some 20mm this would make a great surface to bash gaskets out on - lots of people have it from me for chopping boards as it is food safe, if anyone wants any at anytime drop me a message - the scrap is free, plus if you ever need a drip tray or tub of a certain size its no problem to make one up 👍
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

plastic sheet. Empty Re: plastic sheet.

Post by nutgone Thu Jun 20 2013, 13:00

12mm (or 1/2") would be handy, if it was tough enough, as I could make some wico magneto couplings out of it.

I like the idea of a chopping board, but I find gasket cutting tends to mangle things up pretty quick, especially the hollow punches. Maybe a plastic chopping board for the cutting, then use a block of wood or something for the punching out of holes. It wouldn't be difficult to do, as I tend to punch out the holes first then do the cutting, so hopping from beard to board wouldn't be a problem.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by seniorengineers Sun Feb 02 2014, 14:45

steve w wrote:After reading the post by nuts about him cutting his gaskets on a Kellogg's packet - I use a lot of plastic sheet of all thicknesses - 3mm 4.5mm 6mm 9mm and some 20mm this would make a great surface to bash gaskets out on - lots of people have it from me for chopping boards as it is food safe, if anyone wants any at anytime drop me a message - the scrap is free, plus if you ever need a drip tray or tub of a certain size its no problem to make one up 👍

Hi Steve,
Can you make up a tub, 18" x 1 mtr x 24" deep that holds water. I need to replace my old tank that i use for testing rebuilt radiators,as its gone brittle and starting to crack. Can collect end of feb. cheers David

seniorengineers
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by steve w Sun Feb 02 2014, 15:22

seniorengineers wrote:
steve w wrote:After reading the post by nuts about him cutting his gaskets on a Kellogg's packet - I use a lot of plastic sheet of all thicknesses - 3mm 4.5mm 6mm 9mm and some 20mm this would make a great surface to bash gaskets out on - lots of people have it from me for chopping boards as it is food safe, if anyone wants any at anytime drop me a message - the scrap is free, plus if you ever need a drip tray or tub of a certain size its no problem to make one up 👍

Hi Steve,
Can you make up a tub, 18" x 1 mtr x 24" deep that holds water. I need to replace my old tank that i use for testing rebuilt radiators,as its gone brittle and starting to crack. Can collect end of feb. cheers David

no problem - I will send you a pm
steve w
steve w
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down