www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Oil grades/types for old Villiers engines

2 posters

Go down

Oil grades/types for old Villiers engines Empty Oil grades/types for old Villiers engines

Post by ATCOMAN Mon Oct 21 2013, 12:06

Hi everyone, As a new member just into doing up small engines I wondered if anyone could advise on oils that can be used in 1960,s Villiers lightweight four stroke engines.
The manuals all say use a straight SAE 30 oil but I wondered if a more modern Multigrade oil 10 w 40 or 20/50 type would do any harm?
Any advice would be welcome,
Thanks,
Keith (ATCOMAN)

ATCOMAN

Back to top Go down

Oil grades/types for old Villiers engines Empty Re: Oil grades/types for old Villiers engines

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Oct 21 2013, 16:06

i just use any cheap 10/40 oil in mine ,never been a problem from 1/2hp through to 8hp villiers jap bsa ect ect
morrisons oil of shewsbury make a sae 30 oil for classic and vintage vehicles ,but it come with a big price too Neutral 
but as i say cheap and cheerful less chemical addittives and never had any issues
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down