www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Norman T300 MK1 I.D. plate

4 posters

Go down

Norman T300 MK1  I.D.  plate Empty Norman T300 MK1 I.D. plate

Post by donp Wed Feb 12 2020, 16:45

Has any forum member an I. D. plate that goes on the top of the governor housing of a T300 MK1 that they would like to part with, or I have a good condition MK2 T300 plate and will be willing to do a swap, but before anyone asks I do not want to sell it. PM me please. T I A
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Norman T300 MK1  I.D.  plate Empty Re: Norman T300 MK1 I.D. plate

Post by nickh Thu Feb 13 2020, 19:33

You could try Phillip Gallimore to see if he has any left. Not sure if he's on here but has recently joined facebook.

EDIT; Just seen you need MK1 - if he does have any they will most likely be late (Uxbridge) MK2.
nickh
nickh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Fri Feb 14 2020, 08:50

Would swap but unfortunately mine is an ALCO plate Wink.
Good luck in your search.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Sat Feb 15 2020, 15:31

The Norman T300 Mk1 id plate is usually an aluminium casting, but can be replaced easily and simply with a piece of 1/4 inch aluminium plate, shaped to fit, holes drilled, and the number stamped on the top surface. For the perfectionist it can be distressed with a few knocks, dints scrapes and cuts. Nice easy job for a wet weekend like this one.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by donp Sat Feb 15 2020, 15:43

Thanks for that info. Blue Cat, I think I have a piece of alloy plate in my garage somewhere, so as you say on a weekend like this one is forecast to be, thick coat, hat 2 pairs of socks on my feet and something to stop garage door from rattling might be my tomorrow sorted. L O L
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Norman T300 MK1  I.D.  plate Empty T300 I. D. engine plate

Post by donp Wed Feb 19 2020, 15:19

Success, found a piece of alloy plate in my bits and pieces box, that you always say " that might come in handy one day" well I do anyway, made a plate up to day and it looks like blue cat says it should look complete with dings and scars, so the T300 MK 2 plate is now not needed anyone need one?, this is what is on it, TYPE T. 300 then in the diamond shape NORMAN underneath WARWICK ENGLAND ENGINE N0 TA 4013

Can photo it if you PM me an email address to send photo to, make me a sensible offer can easily be posted.
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down