www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Tired Coborn C3

5 posters

Go down

Tired Coborn C3 Empty Tired Coborn C3

Post by Tigermoon Sun Mar 15 2020, 12:03

I have recently bought a Coborn C3 in need of renovation. As someone completely new to stationary engines I know nothing about them and would appreciate some help before I dismantle it any further
The Solex 26 FV carburettor doesn't look too healthy and before I strip it down was wondering if any sort of kit was available for it? Additionally is there perhaps a photocopy of the original instructions or servicing manual available from anywhere? It looks as if the original colour was green before the black and orange paint it is now covered in. Would that be right?
My thanks for any information received. I look forward to receiving any replies and being able to do some more work on the machine.

Tigermoon
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Tired Coborn C3 Empty Re: Tired Coborn C3

Post by Woodsman Sun Mar 15 2020, 13:10

Some carb'  info here

I believe I may have a copy of the manual but not on the right machine at the moment.
You might also find one on IF
which you can download for a small donation

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Garak Sun Mar 15 2020, 15:04

Tigermoon wrote:I have recently bought a Coborn C3 in need of renovation. As someone completely new to stationary engines I know nothing about them and would appreciate some help before I dismantle it any further
The Solex 26 FV carburettor doesn't look too healthy and before I strip it down was wondering if any sort of kit was available for it? Additionally is there perhaps a photocopy of the original instructions or servicing manual available from anywhere? It looks as if the original colour was green before the black and orange paint it is now covered in. Would that be right?
My thanks for any information received. I look forward to receiving any replies and being able to do some more work on the machine.

Sent you a private message

Martyn
Garak
Garak
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sun Mar 15 2020, 20:25

Coborn engines from memory were red but customers could paint them themselves also they were made in Letchworth Hertfordshire.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigermoon Mon Mar 16 2020, 14:37

Hi Maryalice,
Many thanks for that. I have now managed to remove some of the panelling. Whilst it the outside has been poorly repainted an orange colour at some point. The inside, which could not be painted without removing the panelling, is a mid-green colour with dribbles of orange running down it.
Regards,
Peter

Tigermoon
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Mon Mar 16 2020, 16:53

Good to know you have made a start.
Post a few pictures in New Projects/Restorations once you able.
Good luck.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Sat Mar 21 2020, 19:34

maryalice wrote:Coborn engines from memory were red but customers could paint them themselves also they were made in Letchworth Hertfordshire.

Maryalice

Yes, the factory colours were mostly bright red, like royal mail post boxes, and some were green, like an apple green. I have also seen quite a few in bright orange as well. As maryalice notes customers often over sprayed/painted in their house colour to match the equipment the engine was attached to.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down