www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Climax No.1 well pump for sale.

4 posters

Go down

Climax No.1 well pump for sale. Empty Climax No.1 well pump for sale.

Post by Willsashambles Tue Jun 16 2020, 08:01

I have removed this pump listing from eBay and thought it would be best to let you guys know about this first!
Climax No.1 Well Pump. This pump came off a well that I inherited with a property purchase. When I tested it it worked and was pumping water up from a 20 foot deep well. The piston was around 70 foot long down the inlet pipe. The piston length was mainly wood with metal joiners, the wood was soft and is scrapped but the joiners are there. Everything is present and correct for this to work again, the only missing bit is the cover for the actual pump, as seen in photo. However, the pump has been covered and still had oil in the sump and on the cogs. Also, unfortunately the flange of the pressure vessel was cracked when we extracted it, see photo. The metal diaphragm is correct but the rubber is worn.

I’m based near Church Stretton halfway between Ludlow and Shrewsbury. More than happy to discuss further if anybody is interested.
Climax No.1 well pump for sale. 07050510

Climax No.1 well pump for sale. C32d8110

Climax No.1 well pump for sale. 9be05810

Climax No.1 well pump for sale. Fca81610

Climax No.1 well pump for sale. 7c99e610

Last edited by Willsashambles on Tue Jun 16 2020, 10:01; edited 3 times in total

Willsashambles

Back to top Go down

Climax No.1 well pump for sale. Empty Re: Climax No.1 well pump for sale.

Post by Appletop Tue Jun 16 2020, 08:30

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Climax-No-1-Well-Pump/363018219071?hash=item5485926e3f:g:FtsAAOSwgM5e4TSi

Not often you get the chance to have all the bits! Good luck with your sale, should be a good exhibit .
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by philipagri Wed Jun 17 2020, 10:40

Hi, is this a wind powered pump, because you say the piston rods extend for 70ft. I f so do you also have any of the superstructure?
philipagri
philipagri
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Thu Jun 18 2020, 16:08

Well here's a coincidence! The missus wanted to call into the farm shop for sausages. Only one at a time in the shop so I went for a mooch around and found this.

Climax No.1 well pump for sale. Pump10

The lion rampant mark seems to indicate Joseph Evans & Sons (Wolverhampton) Ltd but it's just a badge rather than cast so not sure if it's kosher. Sorry there are no more pics but the sausage fairy came back. Wink

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down