www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Petter PH1W

2 posters

Go down

Petter PH1W Empty Petter PH1W

Post by phoenix Sun Jul 19 2020, 18:31

Hi I am restoring a Petter PH1 for a lifeboat that was used as a pleasure boat on our local park lake. I am looking for anyone in the Blackpool area that has any knowledge of the setting up and starting it. It has not been used for many years  .I have had the barrel honed, acquired new piston and rings and sent injector away for refurb. I have not worked on a diesel engine before so it its all new to me. I also found a small path on the head from cylinder to water gallery and Bryan I am having the head skimmed and the valves cut deeper to allow for skim. When I first got it there was hardly any compression at all so I hope this cures it. Bryan P.S. I am after a decompression or primer lever for one of these, I know there is one on ebay but I don't want to pay the £9 postage from china.

phoenix
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Petter PH1W Empty Petter engine

Post by Hampshire Wed Jul 22 2020, 08:33

Hi,

Try Jim Perkins at www.petterengines.co.uk

Hampshire

Hampshire
Born to be wild
Born to be wild