www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Fairbanks Morse dishpan 1 1/2hp

3 posters

Go down

Fairbanks Morse dishpan 1 1/2hp Empty Fairbanks Morse dishpan 1 1/2hp

Post by chrismac Mon Oct 18 2021, 21:04

I have had this Dishpan a good few years now, the last time I pulled it out in 2020 I struggled to get it to run, last weekend it got the better of me and I pulled it back out again, after lots of spinning the flywheels it I figured it was the buzz coil that must be faulty, it was sparking more at the point than at the plug, but one time it did fire it must have had so much fuel it took off like the clappers losing the clip on the exhaust valve and the valve ending up in the bore but thankfully only it getting damaged the piston survived.  I had a spare buzz coil at a friends so went and collected it and after a few pulls away it went running like a clock,

Fairbanks Morse dishpan 1 1/2hp 51602958272_5c62a86181_zUntitled by chrismac2012, on Flickr

After doing some reading, it looked like the condenser/capacitor was on the way out so I rigged an additional condenser across the point and it was much a improved set of sparks at the plug now and even remained after the condenser was removed again, strange but I guess the original must be on the way out, I have 2 good coils at the moment so thats fine.

And tonight I have learned how to put a clip in a post from youtube in a nice video rather than a link, every days a school day cheers

Chris

chrismac
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Fairbanks Morse dishpan 1 1/2hp Empty Re: Fairbanks Morse dishpan 1 1/2hp

Post by Woodsman Tue Oct 19 2021, 09:51

Nice job. Thumbs Up

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fairbanks Morse dishpan 1 1/2hp Empty Re: Fairbanks Morse dishpan 1 1/2hp