www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lucas SR2 - locking screw for the impulse body

3 posters

Go down

Lucas SR2 - locking screw for the impulse body Empty Lucas SR2 - locking screw for the impulse body

Post by puffernutter Mon Dec 11 2023, 17:09

Hello,
On a Lucas SR2 Magneto, there is "locking screw" for the impulse body. I believe it is LH thread, but that is where my knowledge stops!

I have searched for a while and cannot fins any information. Does anybody know what size, length and thread this screw is please?

If you have a source, that would be wonderful!

Cheers

Peter

puffernutter
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Lucas SR2 - locking screw for the impulse body Empty Re: Lucas SR2 - locking screw for the impulse body

Post by Woodsman Tue Dec 12 2023, 10:46

Had a look through parts list and workshop manual but, sadly, neither give the actual size only a part number. Can you measure diameter?

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lucas SR2 - locking screw for the impulse body Empty Re: Lucas SR2 - locking screw for the impulse body

Post by puffernutter Tue Dec 12 2023, 12:00

Thanks for trying.

I can see if I can measure the diameter, but the thread is very recessed, so I will have no chance of getting anything to measure threads in there.

Peter

puffernutter

Back to top Go down

Post by puffernutter Tue Dec 12 2023, 12:30

Woodsman wrote:Had a look through parts list and workshop manual but, sadly, neither give the actual size only a part number. Can you measure diameter?

What was the part number please?

Cheers

Peter

puffernutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Tue Dec 12 2023, 14:22

I can send you a copy of docs. PM me with email address.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Wed Dec 13 2023, 07:40

puffernutter wrote:Thanks for trying.

I can see if I can measure the diameter, but the thread is very recessed, so I will have no chance of getting anything to measure threads in there.

Peter

Try a series of drill shanks in the hole, that will give you a close size for the core size of the thread and then check it against various threads sheets.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puffernutter Wed Dec 13 2023, 08:23

maryalice wrote:
puffernutter wrote:Thanks for trying.

Peter

Try a series of drill shanks in the hole, that will give you a close size for the core size of the thread and then check it against various threads sheets.

Maryalice

Funnily enough late last night I removed the impulse body and had slightly better access. I did exactly as you suggested and (at around 4.7mm) I suspect it could be a 1/4BSW LH thread. There are others close e.g. BSF, but I am not familiar with the history of threads or Lucas to know if they are more likely to use BSW or BSF.

Peter

puffernutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down