www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Petter A11.

2 posters

Go down

Petter A11. Empty Petter A11.

Post by Clark Mills Sun Sep 05 2010, 22:46

Hi Folks.

I have started to give Bertha, my recent first time purchase, a thorough strip down as she refused to fire.

She had low compression, and I have found to my dismay that she is very poorly. Sad Sad

It looks like someone has done some Heath/Robinson repairs on her previously leading to poor lubrication, and so I now find she has 1.5mm clearance in the bore, and some unhealthy looking marks on the crank.

I am now looking for a piston/barrel to see if I can make the compression right again, and would need a new gudgeon pin to go as the one she has seem to have an hourglass figure???? Not quite right methinks.

I am hoping I can extract the crank and have it reground and oversize shells fitted, but we this will have to wait till funds and time allows.

Oh well, there goes the plans of seeing her begin the 2011 season!! Sad

Does anyone have a serviceable piston and cylinder they would be happy to sell me? along with gudgeon pin?? Very Happy:D I know this is cheeky being so new, but I don't want to see her become a doner just yet as everything else on her is perfick! Smile

I do hope someone can help me bring her back to life! Very Happy

Someone once told me that this was not going to be an easy task, and although I appreciated their comment I was not prepared for how much work might be required. Never mind, it will make the end product so much more worthwhile!

Heres to hope, determination, and an empty wallet! LOL

Clark.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Clark Mills
Clark Mills
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Petter A11. Empty petter parts

Post by earlsinclare Fri Sep 10 2010, 07:30

try stationary engine parts in york he has a supply of petter parts for sale he had a boxed engine on ebay this week.
hope this helps Earl
earlsinclare
earlsinclare
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Petter A11. Empty Thanks :D

Post by Clark Mills Fri Sep 10 2010, 17:02

Hi Earl,

Thanks for that. I just missed out on the boxed A11 bits, but I have messaged him as he advertised he has a load of bits and 3 other engines available.

Heres to hoping!!

Bertha WILL be seeing the 2011 season, one way or another running and restored! Very Happy

Cheers,
cheers

Clark.
Clark Mills
Clark Mills
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Petter A11. Empty Re: Petter A11.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down