www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Ruston Hornsby 4 AP

+4
DanBoy
BRASSO
JONESEY
ukluke
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ruston Hornsby 4 AP - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruston Hornsby 4 AP

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 11:40

It does make me wonder about the early design of engines and you'd think they would go for the easiest design and manufactoring process but it's not always the case they were clever guys back then it amazes me all the time at some of the designs they came up with. So maybe you have to get weights etc right for them to run correctly, never underestimate early inventions.
I'm sure you'll get it sorted with a bit of time.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by ukluke Wed May 02 2012, 22:50

I'v been in contact with Ray Hooley and got the sale details on my engine. Turns out it's not a 4hp but a 3, it was sold to an Agricultural supliers in Lincolnshire on the 4 of july 1921.
Shame i'v lost some bhp but the engine is just the same. Got some of the history confirmed aswell, so win win !
Also, as an early type it should have the low tension mag but has had a high tension kit fitted or might have been returned to Ruston for it fitted.
ukluke
ukluke
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03 2012, 10:48

Glad to hear you've managed to find some history for your engine, shame about the mag change but you can't go back and change history. Is there any way of dating the mag to see when the conversion was done?

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2