www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

First lister D, and first time everything else in old engines.

+9
nutgone
Andrew1971
matt86
Admin
steve w
Foden
rubythursday
blackvanman
A Lister
13 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

First lister D, and first time everything else in old engines. - Page 7 Empty Re: First lister D, and first time everything else in old engines.

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 13:04

That's a shame John you just get home and in the right frame of mind to do some work on the D then you get a phone call, what a kick in the ass, never mind your out making pennys to keep the wolf from the door.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

First lister D, and first time everything else in old engines. - Page 7 Empty Re: First lister D, and first time everything else in old engines.

Post by Smitty Sat May 18 2013, 04:45

stationary stu wrote:That's a shame John you just get home and in the right frame of mind to do some work on the D then you get a phone call, what a kick in the ass, never mind your out making pennys to keep the wolf from the door.

Stu.

I do have a bag full every week, so can't complain too much, that's why I have all these hobbies lol, and the wolves are happy Very Happy
I'll get it done sooner or later, but wish for more time off.
It's the same old story, you never have what you want when you need it, and when you do get it there's no time to enjoy it scratch
I did get a bit done on the D, and I also did dissassemle the genny, so I' m making progress.

The trip will be over before I know it, and then maybe put my foot down and take a few days to relax. Heaven knows I have chores! And a million other responsibilities to look after and it will eventually all get done.
Had a gruelling day getting everything loaded right, fight traffic through a couple of fatals on the big road,
and now off to bed for a refit!

Cheers everyone, John.

Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18 2013, 11:57

Keep your chin up John and don't forget them chores will be waiting for you to return. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Have a safe trip,

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty Sun May 26 2013, 05:19

Well..,
Just want to let you all know that I am a grand father to a brand new baby girl and hope to brainwash her like the youngest daughter who fixes cars and motorbikes and hunts for food lol. Shocked (that's the hillbilly side of my genes!)
I'll be working on that the next few years Very Happy
Better start a fund so there's money for engines and bits!

Cheers, John.

Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26 2013, 13:17

Congrats John, shame it's a girl but with a bit more training she'll work out fine. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty Sun May 26 2013, 14:45

stationary stu wrote:Congrats John, shame it's a girl but with a bit more training she'll work out fine. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.
Right you are Stu, I suppose we can't be spoiled all the time.
I shall start with BLUE clothing as gifts and mechanical toys, and then proceed to fire trucks with actual shifting transmissions Twisted Evil
The real subtle trick is to let them start the car just after they can walk! :stick lol: Once they catch on it's all a matter of finding them a Lister that runs but with the HT lead puled off and telling them you can't figure it out and it's a done deal! Very Happy

Regards, John.

Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27 2013, 12:11

John now that sounds as if you've done this before, you don't have 6 daughters do you! as you sound like an expert at converting girls from dolls n prams to engines. Laughing Laughing Laughing
My daughter has just had a baby girl about 5 weeks ago, already have a grandson (2 1/2) who has been given the odd tractor etc so it's all going to plan. Laughing Laughing Laughing
I wonder if you can get pink meccano Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitty Mon May 27 2013, 19:32

stationary stu wrote:John now that sounds as if you've done this before, you don't have 6 daughters do you! as you sound like an expert at converting girls from dolls n prams to engines. Laughing Laughing Laughing
My daughter has just had a baby girl about 5 weeks ago, already have a grandson (2 1/2) who has been given the odd tractor etc so it's all going to plan. Laughing Laughing Laughing
I wonder if you can get pink meccano Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stu.

Lol Stu,
I am experienced!
Had 6 of them while married, two of which were included in the package (boys and easy to train, bonus!) Two flesh of my flesh (girls) and two more taken on as aprentice Son and Daughter!
I love kids and would have more to spoil if I had a wife who'd stick! (It's all good and we're friends always.)

As for pink Meccano..., that's the whole reason I changed tack and taught the girls to be boys under contract till they reach the age of twenty, and then they could decide for themselves. affraid
It worked on the youngest daughter and the oldest still wants to but got sidetracked by my handsome son in law! And now a new baby to brainwash lol. Rolling Eyes

Best thing is they all had basic training and can get themselves out of trouble mechanically and otherwise! Very Happy
In keeping with the subject.., I'll need more engines and am looking at an old early 60's Vespa scooter to restore as a gift to my youngest.

Regards, John.

Smitty
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28 2013, 12:46

Sure sounds as if you brought your children up the correct way Laughing Laughing Laughing I have to say my wife is handy at changing a wheel and knowing how to check oil levels etc, that I have to give her dad the thanks for that as he taugh both of his daughters what to do to look after there cars.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

First lister D, and first time everything else in old engines. - Page 7 Empty lister a

Post by frank Fri Oct 28 2022, 16:25

hi does anyone know the tappet clearance for 1926 Lister A Junior
thank you

frank
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Sat Oct 29 2022, 11:07

Best to start a new thread I think

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7