www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers the V Engine

2 posters

Go down

Villiers the V Engine  Empty Villiers the V Engine

Post by maf48 Sat May 16 2015, 11:40

Hi all, my name is Mick and I live in Devon. I enjoy restoring old machinery. I have a Villiers Mk25 V engine. The cowling consists of 2 halves and it has a carburetor that i haven't seen before. It is not like the ones on the Seagull engines. It has the float chamber on the side of the carburetor, there is no discernible mixture adjustment, just increase and decrease revs via a long rod.  I can't seem to post a photo so from my description can anybody give me a rough idea of the age of my engine.  Thanks.

Last edited by maf48 on Sat May 16 2015, 11:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a personal introduction)

maf48

Back to top Go down

Villiers the V Engine  Empty Villiers V engine

Post by rich07961 Sat May 16 2015, 16:41

Hi Mick,

The mark 25 was introduced in 1941 during the war they were produced with no visible Villiers name just a V,
so at a guess yours would be between 1941 and 1945, there are a few on here that could tell you more if you give them
more to go on like markings on flywheel, and engine no, I have a Mk20 with the same cowling's pic attached
Villiers the V Engine  Imag0531
I do like the this type of cowling looks smart when restored.
OH and the carb could be a Zenith 24-T2 try this link http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/technical/engines/villiers-mk25

There are instructions on how to upload pictures on main page, easy when you know how
I,m sure you will get a better response from other members who are in the know better than I on dating your Mk25.

All the best Richard
rich07961
rich07961
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Villiers the V Engine  Empty Re: Villiers the V Engine

Post by maf48 Mon May 18 2015, 10:14

Thank you for the info. I like your engine. Its definitely not a 24-T2 - but very similar to a Suffolk Punch carb and has a brass lid to the bowl. The fuel comes in from the top of the bowl. I cannot find a picture on the web so I will have another go at uploading a photo. thanks again Mick

maf48

Back to top Go down

Villiers the V Engine  Empty Re: Villiers the V Engine

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down