www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister D water drain tap bung removal

2 posters

Go down

Lister D water drain tap bung removal Empty Lister D water drain tap bung removal

Post by John Wilkins Mon Sep 19 2022, 16:36

I need to flush the water side of the engine, the thread on the tap is stripped and wont tighten, and the thread in the bung is pretty much gone as well. So I was wondering how easy is it to remove the bung plug, with out risking any more trouble. Then I can re drill the bung and fit a 3/8" tap. also without a tap in it, would there be enough hole to properly flush the rust out of the engine. any advice please.
John

John Wilkins
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Lister D water drain tap bung removal Empty Re: Lister D water drain tap bung removal

Post by 68jcb Mon Sep 19 2022, 22:26

The bungs are usually rusted in and are extremely tight! I have removed them by cutting them off flush to the block and then cutting through the thread with a hacksaw blade and carefully removing the thread with a hammer and punch. You can get new bungs on ebay

68jcb
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down