www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin

+6
hob
YorkshireChugger
matt86
DanBoy
mike d
kevjhnsn
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 Empty Re: bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin

Post by matt86 Sat Mar 31 2012, 21:36

starting to look smart kev .

Keep up the good work !

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 Empty Re: bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Mar 31 2012, 21:47

cheers matt
soon will be finished if the weather allows
just finished stripping tank brackets ready for the sanding and will be filling the sides 1mm thinner as pitted to much
are you leaving the inter m as is when you get it going again matt
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Mar 31 2012, 21:55

kevjhnsn wrote:cheers matt
soon will be finished if the weather allows
just finished stripping tank brackets ready for the sanding and will be filling the sides 1mm thinner as pitted to much
are you leaving the inter m as is when you get it going again matt
kev

kev i have been working on the M been doing work on the trolley doing the wood sork , sanding , varnish , sanding more varnish etc etc .

One thats all done i can get the metal work designed and made up painted etc , that will take a while due to waiting for bits to dry etc and bolted together and getting wheels etc . Once that done engine can be cleaned off and placed on the trolley ready to do some work .

Needs some carb parts from the states which cost around £100 plus postage and tax , Then the mag needs to be done and that will cost around £180 . So as you can see its not a simple cheap project .

So for a man with not alot of money or limited resources i would stay away .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Mar 31 2012, 22:09

i was told that about the wx11s last year as electrics cost a fortune
so i bought a runner that was coil breaking down and anoother for parts and coil for this one
had an idea one night and repaired bolth sets of electrics for £50.00 . nice little saving i made as it sould of cost around the £300.00 mark
lol lol lol and you cant see the modifacation ive made ,and nothing altered from original castings and looks
but my wallet is better for it lol
get mike and jonesey onto the mag they may rub some life back into it for you
as you say its a dear mag it looks like the brass boxed wico flick mag ??
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Mar 31 2012, 22:26

kevjhnsn wrote:i was told that about the wx11s last year as electrics cost a fortune
so i bought a runner that was coil breaking down and anoother for parts and coil for this one
had an idea one night and repaired bolth sets of electrics for £50.00 . nice little saving i made as it sould of cost around the £300.00 mark
lol lol lol and you cant see the modifacation ive made ,and nothing altered from original castings and looks
but my wallet is better for it lol
get mike and jonesey onto the mag they may rub some life back into it for you
as you say its a dear mag it looks like the brass boxed wico flick mag ??
kev

nope its not a flick type at all its a American bosch horse shoe type one . Mike would do the same thing as me and send it to Martyn at vintage magnetos . But once it is done i know i will have a decent mag for life .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Mar 31 2012, 22:42

true true matt
when its done its done for a long time to come.
thats what ive got to keep an eye on when i get an opencrank
as i can do the modern coil and points system in a toolbox ect but ive not done so far and planing not to in the future if i can
but atleast you have a inter m and the potential for getting it to live again matt
im still in the stages of the dream lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 01 2012, 00:05

kevjhnsn wrote:true true matt
when its done its done for a long time to come.
thats what ive got to keep an eye on when i get an opencrank
as i can do the modern coil and points system in a toolbox ect but ive not done so far and planing not to in the future if i can
but atleast you have a inter m and the potential for getting it to live again matt
im still in the stages of the dream lol
kev

Kev it wont take long mate , Only took a year to get there for me .

why not sell all your smaller engines and keep the A ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01 2012, 12:25

Kev looking good, not long now before it's up and running.

Matt I did have a seller in the States that sold IHC mag parts I was going to use him for mine but can't find the link now. If I find it I'll pass it on it my save you a bit of cash if it's only a condensor or something you need.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Apr 02 2012, 19:37

few more parts bolted back on its now capable of test firing up but this time leaving it untill all as one again
the air filter has beem cleaned up and sprayed and the engine side cover and cowling, electrics and flywheel are fitted and sparking again
tank,brackets cowling and rear shroud are in the 2nd topcoat and possably one more to go and then spanners ready for the finish and plumming
just still trying different companys for waterslide reproduction at go good price for me and stu and if anyone else needs the tank "BSA POWER UNITS"
rearing horse transfer will get some more at the same time
vinyl seams the offers at the minute ,but i would prefer waterslide as original.
but if this is the way forward then vinyl it will be

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 101_6110bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 101_6111

kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by YorkshireChugger Mon Apr 02 2012, 22:13

Nice Kev, better than when they were new LOL ! Wink

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 Banner10
YorkshireChugger
YorkshireChugger
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

http://wr5harrogatehomeguard.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Apr 03 2012, 05:53

thanks matt
the airfilter is now coming off again as i remembered
i fitted the good one of the bsa airfilters to another engine lol
and it is not as battered as this one just rusty and pitted , so its been sanded back to good metal and filled pits in and primmed up and hardening
ready for flatening of and THEN TOPPING OF WITH A CHROME SPRAY wait and see if it is any good and with fuel/oil
stuart
just still trying different companys for waterslide reproduction at go good price for me and stu and if anyone else needs the tank "BSA POWER UNITS"
rearing horse transfer will get some more at the same time
vinyl seams the offers at the minute ,but i would prefer waterslide as original.
but if this is the way forward then vinyl it will be

UPDATE
FOUND AN WATERSLIDE MAKER MAN THE OLD WAY so all details to him and another 6-8 people in that line
awaiting qoutes and will let you know the results ASAP
KEV

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03 2012, 11:25

Kev I was going to say with vinyls all they do now is take a pic put it on there computer and click print and it's done. If the prices are reasonable might be worth putting some for sale on ebay as I'm sure others will be stuck for them.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Apr 03 2012, 17:07

stu
trying to get a good copy of the originals WATERSLIDE if poss as vinyl to shiny for me
heres the rest about to have the last coat

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 101_6116

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 101_6114

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 101_6115

kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Tue Apr 03 2012, 23:46

Are you married Kev Smile drying your stuff in the shower, if I tried that I think my b**lsnwould be hanging up there.
Looking good
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Apr 04 2012, 02:38

jonesey
yes i am but
shes in charge of the house
and i rule the roost lol lol
p.s dont tell my misses i said that.
when i was building "when i had a job" a single compound agricultural burrell 1/3 size
i had the chimney ,smokebox and axle i a stand buy the telly
and the rear end by the corridor door in living room to , she lets me have my hobbys,
and if its clean i can have it in the flat
so she gets to see me more
but burrell is in storage as children and 1/8 tonne of steel and cast standing 5ft high with a 12" square wooden stand and costing me about £500.oo
and 100s hrs cutting drilling bending rivets bolting and machining ect would be upset if i got damaged lol
it would seriously hert a child or both of my little monkeys lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Wed Apr 04 2012, 07:10

What a woman Laughing Laughing Very Happy Laughing I am in charge in my house when they are al out lol! lol! lol!
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04 2012, 11:52

Must be a northern thing Chris coz I can get away with a bit before she complains, and then all she complains about is the chain holding her to the cooker is too tight, lol! lol! lol! That why women wear white when they marry to match the kitchen appliances.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Wed Apr 04 2012, 13:16

stationary stu wrote:Must be a northern thing Chris coz I can get away with a bit before she complains, and then all she complains about is the chain holding her to the cooker is too tight, lol! lol! lol! That why women wear white when they marry to match the kitchen appliances.

Stu.

And why women have smaller feet, so that they can stand closer to the cooker and sink! I have plenty of Ruston PB parts drying in the bedroom at present, and last year I painted all of my Wolseley in the kitchen. It was in there for three month's. Also I have a Bentall mill in the kitchen awaiting its legs to be made, that must have been indoors since I bought it back in August 2010. Rolling Eyes

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DanBoy Wed Apr 04 2012, 14:06

Also I have a Bentall mill in the kitchen awaiting its legs to be made, that must have been indoors since I bought it back in August 2010. Rolling Eyes

Pete.[/quote]

I can vouch for that! I've seen it!
I shan't join in with the non PC stuff about women though as I am afraid my wife might see it, and since she took up Sumo wrestling she scares the heck out of me Embarassed

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Apr 04 2012, 14:17

dan
sumo my ar#e
shes a lightweight boxer would be closer size wise mate
mine was a sumo middle last year short with a big bump infront of her lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Apr 05 2012, 02:00

well ive finished the streigter airfilter and now on the engine
cowlings and tank brackets are on loosly
id plate on loose and fuel tap polished and a new cork fitted
on cleaning tap this is also chromed with the fuel pipe
is this normal for BSA ?????

reduction box is now looking dirty so will be removing it and pulley again for a coating of silver or may just leave for now
cant make my mind up never found any paint on it so just descaled and soft wire polished back to good alloy

will take so pics tomorrrow as camera steam up when i got to the engine lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05 2012, 11:58

Kev my tap was chrome but the pupe had been replaced with a rubber one.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Apr 05 2012, 15:31

ive desided to polish the fitting back toshiny brass and spray a chrome effect onto pipe if it looks to crap will polish it all back to copper
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Apr 05 2012, 23:50

bsa 120cc mounting frame or trolley ideas
been serfing for days and gave up as they all are on a scaffold plank or similar
so doing it my way and see what happens when runnning
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Apr 05 2012, 23:56

this is what the engine was looking like by this afternoon
and now painting the frame for it

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 101_6117
bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 101_6118

bsa is now under the running and ready for the painting to begin - Page 3 101_6120

kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next