www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister N Type 6 HP Governor Problem

Go down

Lister N Type 6 HP Governor Problem Empty Lister N Type 6 HP Governor Problem

Post by Scotty Wed Nov 19 2014, 22:18

Hi everybody,

Over the last couple of years I have been rebuilding a 6 hp Lister N engine but find I have a problem with the governor appearing not to operate at all as the engine just races away when started, I have rigged up a spring to hold the throttle slide closed which has to be hooked on to a bracket fixed on to the bottom carburetter bolt as soon as the engine starts when it will then run at a steady rate. I have had a look at weights on the camshaft gear wheel which are both free to operate and the double collar on the camshaft is free to slide along the shaft, the throttle operating arm with the two rollers engages in the groove on the camshaft collar OK. This problem puzzles me as everything appears to be free to operate with no restriction. Has anyone else had this problem and can they possibly advise me what I can do next. Question

Kind regards Scotty

Scotty
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down