www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lighting Display

+5
JONESEY
mike d
matt86
Diddy
Abes
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lighting Display Empty Lighting Display

Post by Abes Sun Feb 26 2012, 17:13

Have a little Jap generator which needed a lighting display to go with it, so with not much on today thought i would make a start found some Mahogany in the shed and set to work had a rough idea of what i was going to do, pics below are of progress so far, generator will be mounted to the left of the light, it wll be raised off the ground but not sure if its going to be on wheels or just rests and also on the look out for a bakelite switch too, am also thinking of having a domed canopy over the top supported by reinforcing bars (like the twist effect) and the whole thing painted black but thats not set in stone yet.

Lighting Display P2260010
Lighting Display P2260011
Lighting Display P2260012

Admin

Back to top Go down

Lighting Display Empty Re: Lighting Display

Post by Diddy Sun Feb 26 2012, 17:26

looks good so far m8.does your jap run,still cant get my sorted just keeps flooding.
Diddy
Diddy
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Feb 26 2012, 17:37

Yer mines a runner mate its teamed up with a little compressor at the moment, did you strip the carb and re make the gaskets and did you check the butterfly valve to make sure its working ok too

Diddy wrote:looks good so far m8.does your jap run,still cant get my sorted just keeps flooding.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Feb 26 2012, 17:45

is the float and needle / shut off valve working ok ....?
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Feb 26 2012, 17:46

Nice bit of work Abes .... what are you taking to abbey hill with you ? lister A and Lister D and the pumps ?

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Feb 26 2012, 18:03

Hi Matt not sure mate put the D, pump and generator down as thought the A would not be ready plus if i just take them then they will all fit in the van and i wont have to worry about loading the trailer lol
Still looking for something along the lines of a grinder or mill for the A to run so if you hear of anything give us a shout

matt86_wd2 wrote:Nice bit of work Abes .... what are you taking to abbey hill with you ? lister A and Lister D and the pumps ?

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sun Feb 26 2012, 18:17

so far so good abes,nice to see some one can do some work in there shed...grrrrrrrr
will be on the phone tomorrow sorting a shed..cant wait...
keep up the excellent work,and don't forget to put the photos of the progress...
mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Feb 26 2012, 18:29

Hi mate cheers for that though not done in the shed made the most of the good weather and did it outside lol, and dont worry your new shed will be up and running soon.
Yer will put pics up as the job progresses at least managed to get it all wired up and working on that side of things, if i go down the wheel idea will need to source some small 5/6 inch ones which is why i was toying with the idea on just making some rests instead, have sourced the galvinised tin for the roof just need the reinforcing bars

mike d wrote:so far so good abes,nice to see some one can do some work in there shed...grrrrrrrr
will be on the phone tomorrow sorting a shed..cant wait...
keep up the excellent work,and don't forget to put the photos of the progress...
mike...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Sun Feb 26 2012, 20:35

Looks good Abes, what sort of baker light switch you looking for,I have some rocker switches
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diddy Sun Feb 26 2012, 20:51

had a go at the carb sevral times but still floods.i know ware thers a nice mill abes ill see if i can get some pics of it its a bamfor.i think its a number 4.looks to be in very good nick as well.
Diddy
Diddy
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Feb 26 2012, 20:56

Hi mate looking for one that i can screw to the outside without inlaying it into the wood, only really need it so that i can adjust the power to the right level prior to switching power to the bulb, saves keep blowing them

JONESEY wrote:Looks good Abes, what sort of baker light switch you looking for,I have some rocker switches
Jonesey

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Feb 26 2012, 20:57

Cheers mate much appriciated

Diddy wrote:had a go at the carb sevral times but still floods.i know ware thers a nice mill abes ill see if i can get some pics of it its a bamfor.i think its a number 4.looks to be in very good nick as well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Feb 26 2012, 21:01

Abes wrote:Cheers mate much appriciated

Diddy wrote:had a go at the carb sevral times but still floods.i know ware thers a nice mill abes ill see if i can get some pics of it its a bamfor.i think its a number 4.looks to be in very good nick as well.

Abes you have a Pm mate

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Feb 26 2012, 21:19

Back at you mate

matt86_wd2 wrote:
Abes wrote:Cheers mate much appriciated

Abes you have a Pm mate

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sun Feb 26 2012, 21:57

hi abes...ive got a small generator the same as yours,was wondering what sort of out put does it give you
mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DanBoy Mon Feb 27 2012, 09:53

You've only gone and nicked my idea! Laughing I have just bought some lamps i.e. vintage carbide lights, hurricane and Davy lamp etc... I am just fitting them up with discreet 12v led's and then intend to mount them on a small shelving unit.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 10:08

Nice work Abes, good to see you looking ahead to make a nice display rather then just having the generator running and a lead light plugged into it.

I couldn't help notice the mag on the back of the bench, now I could give that a lovely home Very Happy

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Mon Feb 27 2012, 18:19

Hi mate mine gives out between 9 and 32 volts and have been told its good for upto 250 watts and 9 amps safely

mike d wrote:hi abes...ive got a small generator the same as yours,was wondering what sort of out put does it give you
mike...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Mon Feb 27 2012, 18:24

LOL sorry mate but as the saying goes "you snooze you loose" was thinking about having more than one light but quite like the look of the setup at the moment so think i will keep it as is, look forward to seeing yours, any chance of seeing some pics of your lamps

DanBoy wrote:You've only gone and nicked my idea! Laughing I have just bought some lamps i.e. vintage carbide lights, hurricane and Davy lamp etc... I am just fitting them up with discreet 12v led's and then intend to mount them on a small shelving unit.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Mon Feb 27 2012, 18:30

Thanks for the comments mate, ref the mag it was a bit of a snip when i bought it had it ear marked for my A or a spare for the D but not sure now, still havent tried it in anger yet so dont know if it needs any work

stationary stu wrote:Nice work Abes, good to see you looking ahead to make a nice display rather then just having the generator running and a lead light plugged into it.

I couldn't help notice the mag on the back of the bench, now I could give that a lovely home Very Happy

Stu.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Tue Feb 28 2012, 00:36

Abes wrote:Hi mate mine gives out between 9 and 32 volts and have been told its good for up to 250 watts and 9 amps safely

mike d wrote:hi abes...ive got a small generator the same as yours,was wondering what sort of out put does it give you
mike...

thanks for the info mate..
sounds like the thing to charge up 12volt batteries on my scooter...mmmmmm
mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DanBoy Tue Feb 28 2012, 14:06

[quote="Abes"]LOL sorry mate but as the saying goes "you snooze you loose" was thinking about having more than one light but quite like the look of the setup at the moment so think i will keep it as is, look forward to seeing yours, any chance of seeing some pics of your lamps

Just for you Abes. A sneak preview of some of my lights. Plus an old brass oil can which was split so I have removed a section and fitted a red/blue 12v flashing LED. Now don't let anyone else on the forum look at my pics because I don't want anyone else to use my ideas. Wink

Lighting Display Bild0930

Lighting Display Bild0931

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Tue Feb 28 2012, 20:31

LOL no probs mate will keep it a secret just between you and me, very nice collection of lamps you have there mate, nice idea with the little oil can and i must say i do like the little silver lamp quite unusual

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:00

some nice old lights there dan...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:47

I have a few ideas but can never find what I'm looking for to make the display. I was after some of the old type road works lamps (the flasing yellow ones not the old red ones) but they must have scrapped them all. I'll keep looking as I'm sure some will turn up at a rally one day.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next