www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

International M trolley building & restoration

+6
hob
kevjhnsn
Foden
JONESEY
Abes
matt86
10 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 6 Empty Re: International M trolley building & restoration

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 12:49

Matt I agree with what Nut's is saying, there has to be a paint supplier local to you. When I was after some paint I called into the local bodyshop and asked him where all the paint suppliers were in this area, I got one 8 miles away (not bad as I'm out in the sticks a bit LOL) he did all the paints for cars etc including enamals that he could match and he was in a small industrial unit..

Stu.

Back to top Go down

International M trolley building & restoration  - Page 6 Empty Re: International M trolley building & restoration

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 28 2013, 12:53

Stu there used to be 2 on industrial estates that mixed the paint up and put in spray cans or mixed into a liter etc i have used both of them but sadly they have gone now .

I will be going to brewers to have a word .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 14:07

That's a shame they closed Matt, but personally I'd check a few bodyshops unless they get it delivered in from Southampton. sterb

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Apr 28 2013, 14:59

Brewers are my 1st port of call stu , then after that il try some bodyshops ...

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Apr 28 2013, 18:31

same here lads i had 2x bodyy shop paint mixing and supplys 4 miles away ,they both went bust within months of each other
its a bad state we are/ us the uk , trying to climb out of, but well get there on day Smile
now i have to travel 40 miles round trip just to get a colour matched paint of a quailty worth using
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 12:42

I must be lucky having some biggish cities near me, there's Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Gateshead (20 mile round trip) also Teeside, Darlington if I'm desperate but there a 50 - 60 miles round trip. I've never noticed any bodyshops closing down I'll keep a look out now see what's happening.
Matt I think there's a way you can use household gloss paint but can't remember what to use, it's got clear yacht varnish in it and I think you give it a coat of varnish (petrol proof) when it's finished. I heard it works but never tried it myself.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6